Does adding user accounts cause the device to lag?

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
If you add user accounts on the new Nexus 7, does it make the device lag?
My 2012 Nexus 7 has lag issues from time to time. It gets even worse if I add a user account.
If the new Nexus 7 can handle user accounts with no problem, then I may look into ditching this 2012 model.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping they fixed this with 4.3, but I too am nervous about it. Fortunately it's just my wife & I, and I just passed along my 1st gen N7 to her, so I don't think I'll need multiple user accounts on the new N7. However, the old one did see a performance drop when I added an account for her, and I may end up having to reset it so she gets decent performance from the old one.

Sorry my reply doesn't actually help - I'll be interested to see what others have to report on this topic. :)

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping they fixed this with 4.3, but I too am nervous about it. Fortunately it's just my wife & I, and I just passed along my 1st gen N7 to her, so I don't think I'll need multiple user accounts on the new N7. However, the old one did see a performance drop when I added an account for her, and I may end up having to reset it so she gets decent performance from the old one.

Sorry my reply doesn't actually help - I'll be interested to see what others have to report on this topic. :)

Thanks for replying. Since no one has replied back, I'm assuming everyone is using their device with only one active account.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

CarltonSisk

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Ditched my 2012 since it lagged on the switch off user accounts. 2013 is tons better. 4 accounts so on out it. Seems to flow right through switching accounts just a slight delay.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Ditched my 2012 since it lagged on the switch off user accounts. 2013 is tons better. 4 accounts so on out it. Seems to flow right through switching accounts just a slight delay.

Cool. Any reboots or wifi issues on yours? Saw entire thread of users having issues with their new Nexus 7 randomly rebooting.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsmith786x