I have a feeling I am going to be embarrassed for asking this, but cannot figure out for the life of me how to do this.... I have a spreadsheet that I use for reference quite a bit for work purposes. Ideally, I would like to have an icon on my home screen wallpaper that specifically opens this spreadsheet, without having to go through Quickoffice HD or Kingsoft Office. The file is currently displaying in my Download folder. Can anyone tell me how to move it over to my home screen?

Thanks!!
    08-04-2013 01:41 PM
    What you are asking for is a shortcut to a file. It is not a feature built in to Android, but you can use a 3rd party app. Here is an example. I am sure there are others: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nagopy.file.shortcut&hl=en
    Floridadomer likes this.
    08-04-2013 04:11 PM
    I have a feeling I am going to be embarrassed for asking this, but cannot figure out for the life of me how to do this.... I have a spreadsheet that I use for reference quite a bit for work purposes. Ideally, I would like to have an icon on my home screen wallpaper that specifically opens this spreadsheet, without having to go through Quickoffice HD or Kingsoft Office. The file is currently displaying in my Download folder. Can anyone tell me how to move it over to my home screen?

Thanks!!
    It might bee too late but I was trying to do the same and managed to do it by opening the spreadsheet on the chrome app instead of the Google sheets app. Once opened, you hit the three dot menu on the top right and one of the options is "add to home screen".
    01-30-2015 02:14 AM