'unfortunately, google play store as stopped'

alysariah

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I have been playing around some more with my nexus and discovered the google play store quit working. I get a message 'unfortunately, google play store as stopped'. I tried various things to fix it. finally decided to do a factory reset since I'm basically still trying to learn how to use this thing. That didn't solve the problem, and now I notice I don't even have google play books on my device anymore. hmm..... any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Was there any events that stood out leading up to you discovering that the Play Store quit working?

alysariah

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Was there any events that stood out leading up to you discovering that the Play Store quit working?

no, I didn't notice anything at all. I've just been trying to learn what all the tablet can do. I really like it, but I don't have time for frustration right now.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Do you have Google Play Books in your list of apps under settings?

You could try clearing the data and cache for Play Services and Play Store and rebooting.

alysariah

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
No, I don't have Play Books. I know I did a few days ago, because I added a couple of my own books.

I tried clearing the cache and data for the play store and google services. didn't help.

Joe Mags

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I had this and some similar nastiness after installing HD widgets. Did you install this app? I had to use my phone to delete the app from my play store account and then turn off auto updating on the tablet. Did a factory reset, manually reinstalled all my apps without HD widgets and all has been good since. Please keep us posted.

alysariah

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I really hadn't added much of anything. I went to the play store on my laptop, and it doesn't look right. all I can see is My Apps. and I don't have Play Books anymore. I tried to click a link someone posted here in another thread to get the users manual, and got a notice that play books wasn't accessible in my country. huh? I'm in the USA.

I did another factory reset, left all the defaults checked for everything. something isn't right. I'm very confused.

alysariah

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
ok, you're not going to believe this. I turn on my nexus this morning and see that I have an email notification from the play store. says 'thanks for registering your device', etc. {because I reset it yesterday}. there is a link to the play store. I clicked it and everything was fine. wow, could have saved myself a lot of frustration yesterday.

thanks to everyone who tried to help.

alysariah

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
omg, now it's messed up again. I tried to access the play store from my laptop to add one of my epubs to Google books so I could read it on my nexus. I know I did this the other day.

anyways, my playbooks is again non existent. I think Google thinks I'm in another country.

alysariah

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
It's been a few days now, and I can definitely say it's a location issue. While at work, my Google play store works. I can enable playbooks, TV, and magazines and put them back on my device. When I get home, those 3 apps are removed from my nexus, and the Google play store won't load. The play store will open on my work computer but not on my home computer.

I guess I'm the only one with this issue?

yaggermr

May 2, 2010
Visit site
It appears that many user including myself are having issues downloading certain apps from the play store and receive Error 497 or "package file is invalid" . The issue appears to only affect user on WIFI and not users on data. Many apps such as chrome or Google plus will get the 497 error after downloading and attempting to install.Doing a full wipe of the phone or even downgrading does not fix the issue. This is mainly affecting nexus devices many that have manually upgraded to 4.3.10 play store or the accounts of the these user on their other devices. This is why it is believed to be a Android Device Manager issue because play services pushes this to the devices. I have included a link to the XDA Thread. If you are having an issue please reply to this thread and the one on XDA it would be nice to draw attention to this issue.
[Q] Google Play Store Error 497 (Cannot download apps) - xda-developers

alysariah

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
It appears that many user including myself are having issues downloading certain apps from the play store and receive Error 497 or "package file is invalid" . The issue appears to only affect user on WIFI and not users on data. Many apps such as chrome or Google plus will get the 497 error after downloading and attempting to install.Doing a full wipe of the phone or even downgrading does not fix the issue. This is mainly affecting nexus devices many that have manually upgraded to 4.3.10 play store or the accounts of the these user on their other devices. This is why it is believed to be a Android Device Manager issue because play services pushes this to the devices. I have included a link to the XDA Thread. If you are having an issue please reply to this thread and the one on XDA it would be nice to draw attention to this issue.
[Q] Google Play Store Error 497 (Cannot download apps) - xda-developers

thank you for this link. I've scanned through the thread. my issue is a bit different as my apps completely disappear and I can't even open the play store using my home wifi. I didn't find anyone with the exact error message that I get.

Atta Baloch

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately google play stop now its only problem with Samsung mobile and other use good what is problem samsung company is not help just only sleep

Posted via Android Central App