Should i be Worried? small accident.

iJovan

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I got the new nexus 7 tablet on july 30 and i still have warranty for another 11 days at bestbuy, but what happent today is that i accidentally dropped a Nintendo Gamecube controller onto my nexus 7 screen the height was about 3 feet, it dosent have a scratch or mark but should i be worries and return it just in case? thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I got the new nexus 7 tablet on july 30 and i still have warranty for another 11 days at bestbuy, but what happent today is that i accidentally dropped a Nintendo Gamecube controller onto my nexus 7 screen the height was about 3 feet, it dosent have a scratch or mark but should i be worries and return it just in case? thanks

If you are concened about it, keep a very close eye on it over the next few days. If nothing seems to be wrong, don't worry.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
As long as it still works properly and isn't visibly damaged, I don't think you have anything to worry about. No need to return it. :) It also has Corning's Gorilla Glass, which is designed to be very resistant to scratches and impacts.

I have both the original and new Nexus 7, and both have proven fairly resilient so far.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
This is why I get a squaretrade warranty on my electronic purchases. If I drop my tablet, laptop, etc in 3 years they will fix it or replace it, and that is really reasonable.

Liquidretro

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Your not having any problems why return it? This would be outside of the scope of manufacture defect anyways so I doubt most stores would take it back if there was a problem.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Your not having any problems why return it? This would be outside of the scope of manufacture defect anyways so I doubt most stores would take it back if there was a problem.

How would they know? If it shows no sides of damage but just not working properly, there is no way to prove it one way or another.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Let's make sure we aren't encouraging warranty claim fraud here. If it's still working well and there are absolutely no signs of damage, it's rather unlikely you'll run into problems down the line as a direct result of this impact.

ViennaGambit

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
How would they know? If it shows no sides of damage but just not working properly, there is no way to prove it one way or another.

Wow, just wow.

It's called honor and doing the right thing.

You're the type of person that doesn't pick up your dog's crap if no one is watching, eh?

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Wow, just wow.

It's called honor and doing the right thing.

You're the type of person that doesn't pick up your dog's crap if no one is watching, eh?

My point is he has 14 days usually to return these for any reason. If it is not showing any signs of damage and he stated it is working find, there is no issue with him satisfying his paranoia by returning it. Even if wasn't working correctly there is no proof that him dropping the controller cause any damage. It could have been defective from the beginning. If the glass was broken then there would be a good chance that he caused the problem and that is a different story.

Usually on these tablets, if the top doesn't go squish, the inside doesn't go squish either.

trinigal70

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I bought the new nexus 7 tablet and this morning I realised a small scratch at the right hand corner! Didn't believe it was a scratch so I started to use my cleaning cloth! What should I do? Did not drop it and was very protective of it, thought this was scratch proof?

Posted via Android Central App

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
My point is he has 14 days usually to return these for any reason. If it is not showing any signs of damage and he stated it is working find, there is no issue with him satisfying his paranoia by returning it. Even if wasn't working correctly there is no proof that him dropping the controller cause any damage. It could have been defective from the beginning. If the glass was broken then there would be a good chance that he caused the problem and that is a different story.

Usually on these tablets, if the top doesn't go squish, the inside doesn't go squish either.

I don't think accidental damage is covered by best buys return policies or anyone's return policies.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Oh please people, if you use the device enough it will likely show some wear at some point. Just use it and enjoy it. I have no idea how some of you are going to survive parking a new car in a parking lot, its not going to be new forever.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Oh please people, if you use the device enough it will likely show some wear at some point. Just use it and enjoy it. I have no idea how some of you are going to survive parking a new car in a parking lot, its not going to be new forever.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

You go to the furthest end of the lot and park taking up two spaces, preferably perpendicular to the others. LOL:D

sent from my still awesome Galaxy Nexus

Kookas

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I bought the new nexus 7 tablet and this morning I realised a small scratch at the right hand corner! Didn't believe it was a scratch so I started to use my cleaning cloth! What should I do? Did not drop it and was very protective of it, thought this was scratch proof?

Posted via Android Central App

Scratch resistant.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lostandfound