My daughter loves playing with our Nexus 7, but she is constantly hitting the soft keys and exiting her apps. Is there a way to disable those buttons when she is using it? We have found one app that requires you to touch the screen in a certain pattern to exit, is there a way to apply that method to all her apps? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    08-05-2013 07:03 AM
    No, Zoodles Kid Zone is the best app for kids and it prevents them from accessing parts of the tablet you don't want them accessing. But that pattern is part of the Zoodles launcher and you can't just apply that to any app that you want. Sorry, but Android doesn't work like that.
    08-05-2013 07:47 AM
    My daughter loves playing with our Nexus 7, but she is constantly hitting the soft keys and exiting her apps. Is there a way to disable those buttons when she is using it? We have found one app that requires you to touch the screen in a certain pattern to exit, is there a way to apply that method to all her apps? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    By bro asked the same question. He never owned a touch screen device. I would hand him the N7 to look at, or do something, and he would grab it, touch the screen by accident and get lost. He wanted to throw it back at me every time I tried to give it to him. He said, 'This thing needs a handle on the side!' I told him to hold it like a piece of bread with peanut butter on top. I agree, no or thin bezel and no way to disable nav buttons is a pain if you didn't grow up using touch devices.
    08-05-2013 03:28 PM

Thanks!
    Flamingo Kid Lock let's you install apps of your choice and children can't exit without the code.
    I had an android tablet setup with it awhile ago, and the grandchildren could request new apps that I could install remotely.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...famigo.sandbox

I believe Zoodles does the same thing.

http://www.zoodles.com/en-US/home/marketing
    Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app
    08-05-2013 05:28 PM