Syncing questions

Mr.Mcgoo

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok I use to have an old Mac book and now I'm using win7 pc and after buying the N-7 I am trying to sync more easily. I moved my photos over but can't get any movies over or most importantly I have documents that I need to carry on the go and cant seem to get them over either. Any help is appreciated in advance.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok I use to have an old Mac book and now I'm using win7 pc and after buying the N-7 I am trying to sync more easily. I moved my photos over but can't get any movies over or most importantly I have documents that I need to carry on the go and cant seem to get them over either. Any help is appreciated in advance.
Have you considered using a service like Dropbox or Google Drive? You can upload files to these services, download the app for your Nexus 7 and have access to these files on the go - they'll sync to your Nexus 7 whenever the files are uploaded to the service via computer or any other device. Also, any changes that are made will be saved and re-synced so you can have access to the updated documents from your PC.

Mr.Mcgoo

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
No was just thinking regular because the docs I will need all the time even when no access to wifi but the rest I guess I could get away with

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
No was just thinking regular because the docs I will need all the time even when no access to wifi but the rest I guess I could get away with
In that case you can transfer the documents manually with the device connected to your computer with the USB cable.

Once you connect the device just drag and drop the contents into the device SD card.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Mr.Mcgoo

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
That's what I did and was only able to get my photos over, I did drop some documents in a folder but they are not there along with a movie that I moved over also

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site

I've used Dropbox, and Dropsync for a couple of years to keep work documents synchronized between my PC's and tablets/phones.

You setup the folders you want on your tablet and setup Dropsync to sync them to Dropbox.

On the PC they will be in the Dropbox folder >Dropsync > your sub folder names.

On the tablet they will be in the Dropsync folder >your sub folders

Any change, addition, or deletion you make to a file on the PC or Tablet, will immediately sync and upload/download to all your devices.
So you don't need wifi to get them from Dropbox.

Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app