touch screen

knrstz64

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I have the first generation nexus 7 and have been pretty happy with it. One thing I notice that most android tablets don't do is respond to touch and scroll as well as my wife's iPad. How is the new nexus 7s touch response?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Android 4.3 have many performance improvements. a lot of nexus 4 7 and 10 users have mentioned improved touch sensitivity.

Faster, Smoother, More Responsive
Android 4.3 builds on the performance improvements already included in Jelly Bean ? vsync timing, triple buffering, reduced touch latency, CPU input boost, and hardware-accelerated 2D rendering ? and adds new optimizations that make Android even faster.

For a graphics performance boost, the hardware-accelerated 2D renderer now optimizes the stream of drawing commands, transforming it into a more efficient GPU format by rearranging and merging draw operations. For multithreaded processing, the renderer can also now use multithreading across multiple CPU cores to perform certain tasks.

Android 4.3 also improves rendering for shapes and text. Shapes such as circles and rounded rectangles are now rendered at higher quality in a more efficient manner. Optimizations for text include increased performance when using multiple fonts or complex glyph sets (CJK), higher rendering quality when scaling text, and faster rendering of drop shadows.

Improved window buffer allocation results in a faster image buffer allocation for your apps, reducing the time taken to start rendering when you create a window.

For highest-performance graphics, Android 4.3 introduces support for OpenGL ES 3.0 and makes it accessible to apps through both framework and native APIs. On supported devices, the hardware accelerated 2D rendering engine takes advantage of OpenGL ES 3.0 to optimize texture management and increase gradient rendering fidelity.

more here Jelly Bean | Android Developers

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I just downloaded a multitouch test app, and mine worked perfectly. I find the device very precise and responsive. Sounds like there are some out there with some issues, though. No idea if it's software or hardware.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21