Strange Happening

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Just had a strange thing happen to my Nexus 7 2013....the tablet was in sleep mode for maybe an hour when I looked see the notification light blinking on and off. I then hit the power button to access the tablet and the tablet was dead....no response at all, but the notification led was still blinking.....I plugged in the charger even though I knew I had close to 80 % battery life left...still dead as a doornail! I finally held down the power button for about15 seconds and the notification led went off...pressed the power button again for about 5 seconds, and the tablet booted up again, and has been functioning normally now for about an hour....no other issues. Anybody else ever have this happen to them?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Saukrateaz

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
This happened to mine a few days ago. My tablet had died, after charging, I used it for a few minutes and then put it down. when I cam back, same situation you described. Not sure why either.

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
This happened to mine a few days ago. My tablet had died, after charging, I used it for a few minutes and then put it down. when I cam back, same situation you described. Not sure why either.

So since it happened to you a few days ago, have you had any other issues with your tablet, like a repeat of the same incident?

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like the CPu overheated.. and the thermal protection circuit kicked in..
You might want to try running some benchmark tests to stress your CPu, In an attempt to duplicate the issue..
If you decide to, and the issue returns, it's time for a warranty exchange.

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like the CPu overheated.. and the thermal protection circuit kicked in..
You might want to try running some benchmark tests to stress your CPu, In an attempt to duplicate the issue..
If you decide to, and the issue returns, it's time for a warranty exchange.

just ran CPU Prime for a stress test and everything checked out okay even though it got mighty warm.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante