Not happy with Office Max...

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
All,

Just had to vent about my experience with Office Max and my failed attempt at acquiring the Nexus 7.

I found a 20% off coupon for any purchase at Office Max and called Wednesday to see if the location in NJ had them in stock. The salesperson said they had one left. I asked if he could save it for me and that I'd be in the store later that night to pick it up. Since I was coming from the Philly area, he agreed to hold it for me. Well, I get to the store and apparently, someone sold the device. After telling the woman at the register about how irate I was, she decides to call the manager to find out what happened. Well, the manager informs her that my name must have fallen off the box and she thought it was available for sale. Long story short, I'm now sans a Nexus 7 and Office Max doesn't seem to be getting any in before my 20% off coupon expires on Saturday.

Not happy...

J

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
That sucks big time, though I doubt they did it just to upset you. Can you order one online and use the coupon? Or maybe go in and explain your situation, perhaps you could get a raincheck for the device so you can still use the coupon.

Personally I would recommend looking at GameStop, my experience with them was great. That's where I got mine and they even held the last 32gb N7 for a couple hours till I got off work and was able to pick it up. All I had to do was tell them I called earlier about the nexus and he pulled it out of a locked case for held orders. You might be paying a bit more but it was worth the extra money in my opinion. Those guys are a class act.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

44Stretch

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Read the fine print on your coupon - I bet it excludes electronics anyway.

I have the same coupon and it does include tablets. To the OP, try calling staples, office depot, or bestbuy and see if they'll accept a competitor coupon. Its hit or miss but you may get lucky.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I called a local Staples store here in the Bay area and they said they would match the deal providing it was in in-store only coupon, which in this case it is :) This Staples store had some 16gb models but none of the 32's. He told me to check back today to see if any 32's came in. Regardless, try Staples!

I have the same coupon and it does include tablets. To the OP, try calling staples, office depot, or bestbuy and see if they'll accept a competitor coupon. Its hit or miss but you may get lucky.

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I called a local Staples store here in the Bay area and they said they would match the deal providing it was in in-store only coupon, which in this case it is :) This Staples store had some 16gb models but none of the 32's. He told me to check back today to see if any 32's came in. Regardless, try Staples!

I'm calling now... Thanks Jontalk.

J

buffdaddy72

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Read the fine print on your coupon - I bet it excludes electronics anyway.

If it's the same 20% off coupon I used, it does say it includes tablets and ereaders. Bummer, hope you find one. I got lucky and just walked into an Office Max near work late today (Friday) and they had one 32gb in stock so I grabbed it. With tax it was $232.73 out the door, not a bad deal.

It's been pretty hard to locate the 32gb model here in the Chicago area.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Trust me, I work at a Best Buy. They do, you just have to find a store up there that aren't morons. lol

I called the 1-800 # and they informed me they do not price match coupons. It also states it on the BestBuy website under the price match section.
So you're saying I may still have a chance to get them to price match it at a local store?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Went to several BestBuy and Walmart stores in my area. They all said they do not price match percentages.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Well i guess your **** out of luck dude just buy it retail then the amount of gas you spent going to all of these places most likely is greater than the 20% off then again i can't blame you that's 50 bucks for either of them

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

buffdaddy72

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Went to several BestBuy and Walmart stores in my area. They all said they do not price match percentages.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, when Staples had that $30.00 coupon about a week back, I tried using it at Best Buy as well and they wouldn't take it either. I take it you've called all the Office Max stores in your area?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish