All App Icons/Folders Disappeared??? Newbie Question(s)?

Miggwilson

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I am using the stock launcher. I created app folders by dragging one app over another and placed all similar apps into those folders. Plugged it in overnight. Next morning...it powers up but all the screens are empty except the original 'My Library' and 'Recommendations For You' sections. All the apps are still available via hitting the black button/apps button. Then I spend another hour bringing each app back to the screen and dropping them into folders of like apps. Then it happened again. It did it a third time. I probably have over 100 free apps on it. I must be missing something. Anyway to recover my original folders with the icons in them or must I keep doing this pain in the **** activity all the time of recreating folders and re-doing the app icons on the home screens. If that's the case, I'll skip doing folders. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

sky j

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had this happen twice myself. In my case, I was using it when it occurred and it displayed a message
that the launcher quit. That may be what you're seeing too, the launcher crashing for whatever reason.
Not sure. I did a reboot after seeing it the second time and haven't seen it since. May be worth trying
if you haven't already.