Online Play Store downloads to restricted profile on new Nexus 7? Help?

apopc7

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
So I set up a restricted profile on my new nexus 7 (2013) for kids to use to play games and watch netflix. Problem is that now whenever I install an app remotely from play.google.com it installs to the restricted profile instead of my main one. The restricted profile doesn't even have access to the play store so that doesn't really make any sense.

Once installed to the restricted profile, it doesn't show up on my main profile and I have to go through the play store app to install it. Doing so installs it immediately since it was already downloaded and installed, but that kind of defeats the purpose of the play store website. Being able to browse and install apps from my desktop is one of my favorite features of the play store.

I tried deleting the user profile, but this did not solve the issue. With only the main profile set up, the app downloads and installs in an apparent black hole and doesn't show up anywhere. Installing it through the play store app still installs it immediately as before, since it was in fact downloaded and installed but who knows where. Making a new restricted profile hasn't changed anything either. Can't find anything about this anywhere online. Any ideas?

Hoping to get some help here, or at least know that I'm not the only one. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21