Defect in Nexus 7 2013'

Gauhar Mahmood Azeem

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I have bought a nexus7 from amazon.com and it will reach a friend in USA who'll bring it to Pakistan. but reading the touch screen, reboot and the gps issues i am really concerned as it'll be so difficult to return. Can you please help me to know the following things.
1. What percentage of nexus 7 are defected.
2. Is this likely to be a Software issue or is it a hardware issue?
3. Does buying from different stores means difference in chances of getting a defected piece. How is amazon.
4. If it does end up defect what should I do. (Send it back to Amazon from Pakistan?)
5. Will i be safe? :D
I really do hope that my nexus hasn't a defect as i've spent 2 months saving on it. I am really concerned. Will like some feedback. Peace :)

Last edited:

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Defected Nexus 7 2013'

I was not aware any devices had defected.....

moscow-on-the-hudson-williams-325.jpg

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

so many people here posting that the touch screen has issues and the GPS and reboots. please someone serious guide me

I would go ahead and get it if I were you. I ordered mine from Amazon a few days after release, and got it two days later. I have no problems with the screen, battery, or GPS on mine like a few others. Every electronic company will probably have a few bad devices, but in reality, it is usually a very small amount of actual devices with any defects.

Posted from the incredible Nexus 7

Gauhar Mahmood Azeem

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site

Thank You Chad,
I'll just get it shipped and enjoy the unboxing in Pakistan :D if something serious is wrong which i hope isn't i'd fedex it back.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Happy you got your answer.

Don't take this the wrong way, but this post is funny because the mispelling was unintentional but it can fit both the mispelling and the intended spelling.

I just replaced "defected" with "defecting" and re-read the original post to see how it sounds.

Hi my name is Nexus 7 and I am defecting to America but the broken GPS has led me astray and the sign says entering Pakistan.

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I live overseas too - in Japan. Naturally I was concerned about possible defects. For example dead pixels. Anyway, my Nexus 7 arrived today and seems to be perfect.

I don't know what percentage of people have problems, but remember, a support forums is usually a place to go when people have problems, so you are likely to see more problems posted here than the actual percentage of problems which exist.

But I don't know the percentage.

Before buying I did look at the Asus site and it seems to have worldwide support if Asus is in your country. Otherwise I suppose you can mail it to them for exchanges.

I bought mine from a store in the U.S. called "Best Buy" and they have a good refund and exchange policy.

As far as being safe, I suppose as safe as anybody is in Pakistan! (Sorry - not funny.)

Regards,

doug

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO