Just received my 32gb Nexus 7 2013 today

mikemike162012

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I did the 2 quick updates, no problem. Tested the touch and screen test (under developer option), everything seem fine and responsive. My keyboard also seem okay. I haven't removed the plastic wrapper since I'm still waiting for my screen protector to arrive. The audio speaker is also very good -better/louder than my ipad mini! It arrived with 50% charged. Only experienced one crash when using app Firefox, also read Chrome has problems with the device so avoided using it (I personally recommend Opera browser). Also, don't seem to spot and pixel problem yet.

I'm trying to test out the GPS talked about in this forum but I cannot fixd it except the Google Maps app. My last android has the GPS navigation app but this new Nexus don't have it so I don't know where to look to use the GPS.

Will updates if any problem spotted later.

edit: some more thoughts on the device, it weighs about the same as an ipad mini.. just a tad more I think. Same length as an ipad mini..(wish it was shorter like my previous 7" tablet) otherwise so far so good. Screen display is okay, didn't notice much difference on app, maybe on movies and 3d games... text are still the same for me.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I
edit: some more thoughts on the device, it weighs about the same as an ipad mini.. just a tad more I think. Same length as an ipad mini..(wish it was shorter like my previous 7" tablet) otherwise so far so good. Screen display is okay, didn't notice much difference on app, maybe on movies and 3d games... text are still the same for me.

Wow, I am surprised you are not seeing a screen difference. Did you ever take off the plastic. This is one of the best screen in the business. It is better than my iPad retina which is way better the Mini.

mikemike162012

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Wow, I am surprised you are not seeing a screen difference. Did you ever take off the plastic. This is one of the best screen in the business. It is better than my iPad retina which is way better the Mini.

Nope really that could explain why. I don't want any dust on it yet without an screen protector. Maybe my mind will change once I get an screen protector on later this week. Thanks for replying!

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm also surprised. I saw the iPad Mini in the local store and the text on the Nexus 7 is unbelievably clearer. The 7 is also very bright.

doug

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy