UID's inconsistent Error (I'm feeling Lucky)

Frank J Ivins

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

My Dad bought a shiny new 2013 Nexus 7.

After only one week, he started getting the "UID's inconsistent " error message with the "I'm feeling lucky button" at startup. True to the message's warning, his system became unstable and unusable.

He's done a factory reset which seems to be working. This is of course a massive pain in the ***!

Does anyone know what actually causes this problem? Anyone else with this?

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
That sounds to me like a malicious app has been installed on the device. You really have to read the permissions carefully before installing an app that you do not know. Sometimes a malicious app will be disguised as a legitimate app. Read the permissions, it will save you a lot of headaches. That free mp3 app does not need to see your contacts :)

As far as fixing it, a factory reset will most definitely take care of it. That would be my suggestion but you could go through the apps and try to find the malicious app yourself. To be on the safe side, a factory reset would erase any trace of the offending app which would be the safer option.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

gxfishre

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Ronnie,
Thanks for replying way back when :)
My phone crashed during the middle of the night and when i woke and turned it back on all heck broke loose. I searched from my laptop for a resolution and some other link suggested I download another app to fix the problem. Of course if you can't get anywhere this is difficult and it also wanted root access - I was hesitant (of course).
I did what you suggested and now I am back up and running again. I don't download many apps so it was such an easy process.
Thanks again for providing the simple solution
g :)