I am wanting to buy the Nexus 7 (2013) so I have been doing some research. I am reading about the GPS issues as well as the touch screen issues. Just wanted to get the communities opinion if I should go ahead and pull the trigger or wait and see if these issues are software and not hardware issues.

Thanks for any positive opinions/replies.

Matt
    08-14-2013 10:11 AM
    I am wanting to buy the Nexus 7 (2013) so I have been doing some research. I am reading about the GPS issues as well as the touch screen issues. Just wanted to get the communities opinion if I should go ahead and pull the trigger or wait and see if these issues are software and not hardware issues.

Thanks for any positive opinions/replies.

Matt
    I think some of the hardware has changed. I would wait a little bit before buying the device.
    08-14-2013 10:28 AM
    How has the hardware changed?
    08-14-2013 10:58 AM
    I bought mine and I have the GPS issue but not the touchscreen one. I'm pretty confident that the GPS issue is software related and that they are going to release a fix pretty soon. However, it really only impacts people that use the GPS for 30+ minutes at a time while driving. It's really strange because I can walk around for an hour at a time and not have a drop, but if I am in a car, it will drop and require a restart.

IMO, if you are looking for a tablet, I still don't think there is a better 7" device on the market at this time. All devices are going to have bad eggs and bugs, so don't wait for the perfect device before buying or you will be waiting for a long time.
    trooperoutlaw likes this.
    08-14-2013 11:04 AM
    I won't use the GPS so that is a non issue really. I know I put that in my OP but my main concern was the touch screen issue. If it is software related I could deal with that because I am confident it would get fixed. I think I am going to just pull the trigger.

Now to decide 16 or 32!
    08-14-2013 11:09 AM
    Since the GPS is a non-issue for you, and likely fixed by software soon, I would say go for it. The touch screen issue seems to be either there or not, and you can check it right out of the box. Just pick it up at a local retailer so an exchange would be quick and easy if you happen to get one with the touch screen issue.
    08-14-2013 11:43 AM
    I won't use the GPS so that is a non issue really. I know I put that in my OP but my main concern was the touch screen issue. If it is software related I could deal with that because I am confident it would get fixed. I think I am going to just pull the trigger.

Now to decide 16 or 32!
    Go big...(or, as big as you can which is 32GB) I loaded up my last tab completely with 16GB on board and 32GB SD Card after a year.
    08-14-2013 11:49 AM
    I think the defect batches are more related to the location receiving the bad batches. So in area not reporting any defects chances are your tablet will be fine. I bought mine out of states and so far so good. If want to play it safe, best to wait a month or two so all bad batches are sold out first. Good luck!
    08-14-2013 12:36 PM
    Well, good or bad, I just pulled the trigger on the 16GB model. Coming from Amazon. Maybe it will be a good unit. This will be my 2nd Android tablet. I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 when it was first released and sold it only after a few months. Fingers crossed this lives up to my expectation and all the reviews that are raving about it. Looks awesome!

I have the iPad 2 but it seems sluggish sometimes. And it is very big and heavy to lug around or hold up. Wife has the iPad Mini but I wanted something different. Call me Android curious!
    08-14-2013 05:11 PM
    Most posts suggest the GPS and touch issues will be fixed with software updates. I don't thin you have anything to worry about when buying now. The tab carries a 1 year manufacture warranty so anything that crops up thats hardware will be covered by that.
    08-15-2013 12:04 PM