Android and Microsoft MSN/Hotmail/Outlook

BigFoot48

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
A few days ago the default email program in our Nexus 7 (bought 1 month ago) and Nexus 10 (bought in Dec) started having problems connecting with ("couldn't open connection to server") and downloading sent emails from our Microsoft MSN email account. Prior to this it had worked flawlessly in showing both inbox and sent items from our account and the original setup of the account in both devices was automatic. Google doesn't find any discussion of this problem with Nexus tablets, but plenty with Droid phones going back years.

Anyone have this problem and know of a solution? I've also tried AquaMail and MS Outlook (lousy app) with the same result.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
There were some issues a few days ago with Microsoft services...nothing to do with the devices themselves. I had problems getting emails on my Hotmail account on my BlackBerry Z10.

BigFoot48

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I noticed in doing my research on this problem that there were some problems with Outlook about the same time we noticed it, but we are still having the connection and syncing issues so I don't know if that event resulted in our continuing problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci