Returning my Nexus 7! :/

iJovan

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
So after going through three nexus 7 devices i have decided to return it and get my money back, yes i am an apple fan boy but i gave the nexus 7 an opportunity and i really loved it, i liked i could play old nintendo games see flash player, google ecosystem but all tablets i have gotten have very bad screen bleeding, jerky touch screen and crazy reboot times! i might buy one again in a month or two when everything is work out, i really wanted an android tablet because it's kinna dumb having an iphone and an ipad which is the same in my opinion but if google/asus dont fix this issues then im gonna get a new gen ipad mini! im keeping the tablet another 10 days too see how it goes, thanks guys ;D

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry you've had a bad experience. On the bright side, at least it's not a Playbook.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
So after going through three nexus 7 devices i have decided to return it and get my money back, yes i am an apple fan boy but i gave the nexus 7 an opportunity and i really loved it, i liked i could play old nintendo games see flash player, google ecosystem but all tablets i have gotten have very bad screen bleeding, jerky touch screen and crazy reboot times! i might buy one again in a month or two when everything is work out, i really wanted an android tablet because it's kinna dumb having an iphone and an ipad which is the same in my opinion but if google/asus dont fix this issues then im gonna get a new gen ipad mini! im keeping the tablet another 10 days too see how it goes, thanks guys ;D

Whoa I've only exchanged it twice and the only reason I returned it was to try and get a better deal but I failed...... first one had SOME faults like a weird discoloration on the logo in the back and some reboots .Second (current) one is perfect. Although I did notice the jerky touch screen thing but that only seems to happen when my fingers are a little moist and it doesn't glide across the screen. It probably happens once every 1000 times I touch it. So it's not a big deal. How long does yours last when rebooting?

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
So after going through three nexus 7 devices i have decided to return it and get my money back, yes i am an apple fan boy but i gave the nexus 7 an opportunity

Like you, I returned my 32 Gb and put another $30.00 on the table and purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0... My Gawd Man.. The Screen on this Tablet is INCREDIBLE! I held the 8.0 up against the Note 8.0 and even though they are suppose to be the same screen they are not... The Tab is much Sharper & Brighter.. 1080 HD my ***.. This 800 x 1200 puts the the Nexus 7 screen to shame.. yes it bigger.. and 8" is the OPTIMAL screen size.. I actually don't pick the Mini up as much as the Tab 3 8.0 I suggest you visit a local retailer and check one out.. Be sure to set it to full brightness and disable the adaptive screen sensor... The Settings Screen will be all you need to see to be Stunned.. and it's fast too!
I Love It.. In Brown of course.. :)

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Like you, I returned my 32 Gb and put another $30.00 on the table and purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0... My Gawd Man.. The Screen on this Tablet is INCREDIBLE! I held the 8.0 up against the Note 8.0 and even though they are suppose to be the same screen they are not... The Tab is much Sharper & Brighter.. 1080 HD my ***.. This 800 x 1200 puts the the Nexus 7 screen to shame.. yes it bigger.. and 8" is the OPTIMAL screen size.. I actually don't pick the Mini up as much as the Tab 3 8.0 I suggest you visit a local retailer and check one out.. Be sure to set it to full brightness and disable the adaptive screen sensor... The Settings Screen will be all you need to see to be Stunned.. and it's fast too!
I Love It.. In Brown of course.. :)
I took my Nexus 7 to BestBuy to compare as you suggested. In what universe does the Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 with a pixel density of 189 even come close to the Nexus 7 pixel density of 323. I put them side by side. The Galaxy Tab isn't even in the same league. In fact it isn't even as sharp as the old Nexus 7 which has a ppi of 216.

Sent from my incredible new Nexus 7 (2013)

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I returned my new gen Nexus 7 as well. I loved the screen and the speediness of the cpu, but I after 2 weeks, I had to re-boot it at least twice a day. Switched it at Best Buy for this Galaxy Note 8.0, which I thought for certain I would be returning too. Instead, I love this thing even more than I loved my Nexus 10! I haven't needed to re-boot yet, the display is clear, and it's snappy. I love the 8 inch display. Much easier on my eyes than the 7" Nexus. Easier to carry around than the 10" Nexus. My only regret is losing the Nexus 7's wireless charging, which my HTC DNA has.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

The roll out of this product has been quite a disaster. While I realize many have purchased a product with no issues I think the majority would agree that the following is a problem:
1. Way too much thick framing around the screen. They could have added more screen real estate without affecting the size of the device!
2. Multi-touch issues seem very widespread and widely noted on several forums
3. Random reboots

The list goes on. I was so close to going out and getting this on day one and will gladly hold off until a better product enters the market.

I am not bashing this product, like I said there are many who have purchased it without any issues however my personal opinion based on what I have read is I will pass on this one. No thank you to the 2nd Gen Nexus 7. I LOVE Android and own zero Apple product. Android is by far in my mind #1 in the phone market however we are not quite there when it comes to tablets yet. We will be one day, just not there quite yet.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the N72 is a disaster at all. This from someone who had to return my first one because of a faulty light sensor. I also have the gps issue on first and current N72.
I'm not an apple fanboy, but I have owned five macs. Android is much more interesting and useful to me than ios, but I don't hate ios devices.
Sure, there are definitely some issues that need to be resolved, but the N72 is hardly a disaster. I love mine. Sure, I wouldn't mind at all if the top and bottom bezels were slightly smaller, but the current size is actually handy, literally.
Ever hear of antenna-gate? Apple maps? I guess apple should have just scrapped ios? If the issues with the N72 get resolved, and they likely will, asus and Google have a hit on their hands with the N72.

Posted via Android Central App

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't think the N72 is a disaster at all. This from someone who had to return my first one because of a faulty light sensor. I also have the gps issue on first and current N72.
I'm not an apple fanboy, but I have owned five macs. Android is much more interesting and useful to me than ios, but I don't hate ios devices.
Sure, there are definitely some issues that need to be resolved, but the N72 is hardly a disaster. I love mine. Sure, I wouldn't mind at all if the top and bottom bezels were slightly smaller, but the current size is actually handy, literally.
Ever hear of antenna-gate? Apple maps? I guess apple should have just scrapped ios? If the issues with the N72 get resolved, and they likely will, asus and Google have a hit on their hands with the N72.

Posted via Android Central App

I never said the N72 was a disaster, I said the roll out of the N72 was.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I took my Nexus 7 to BestBuy to compare as you suggested. In what universe does the Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 with a pixel density of 189 even come close to the Nexus 7 pixel density of 323. I put them side by side. The Galaxy Tab isn't even in the same league. In fact it isn't even as sharp as the old Nexus 7 which has a ppi of 216.

I did the same thing to the Samsung kiosk at our Best Buy because the guy working there was clueless. After he saw the Nexus screen, he admitted he hadn't even looked at a Nexus yet...What a dolt.

tg2708

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I know everyone is different but how do you all put up with those manufacturer skins? I tried to like them but they grew stale quickly. Nexus experience is the best :) but I guess anything that was not the manufacturers and or developer's true intentions and vision I tend not to like them.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I know everyone is different but how do you all put up with those manufacturer skins? I tried to like them but they grew stale quickly. Nexus experience is the best :) but I guess anything that was not the manufacturers and or developer's true intentions and vision I tend not to like them.
Very much agree! My next phone must also be a Nexus.

Last edited:

smoledman

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I must be lucky with all my device purchases going back years except for a bad Kindle Fire that only started having problems 18 months in. My Nexus 7(2013) works like a charm except for one crash and some software bugs that I think are app-related.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

I tend to prefer the manufacturer skins. I have both Nexus devices, but tend to use my devices with a skin more often.
I send Emails to group contacts. I'm able to easily do that on my device with a manufacturer skin. Not so on the Nexus 7.
I have several accounts. If I create a calendar event, then realize I created it for the wrong account, I can easily change it on my device with a manufacturer skin. Not so, on my Nexus 7. I have to delete the event, then switch over to the correct account, and create the event all over again. I'm sure there are 3rd party apps I can install, but I'm referring to apps that come pre-installed on the device.

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

Who cares about dpi. Yes nexus 7 has higher resolution but extra inch on tab 3 makes much more difference. 7 inch is just too small

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Who cares about dpi. Yes nexus 7 has higher resolution but extra inch on tab 3 makes much more difference. 7 inch is just too small

If you can't see the difference and the most important thing to you is size, then you are doing what is most important for you. Enjoy your choice.

Nexus 7 (2013)

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

You had no problem with 7 inch screen on an even larger chassis for a very long time on your BB playbook.

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
You had no problem with 7 inch screen on an even larger chassis for a very long time on your BB playbook.
I like 7 inch and nexus 7 tablets but I don't like tab 3 8.0. I am actually surprised that I don't like it because I thought that slower cpu and lower resolution will turn me off butcsuprisngly it does not. Tab 3 is really solid tablet

TraderGary;30 20960 said:
If you can't see the difference and the most important thing to you is size, then you are doing what is important for you. Enjoy your choice.

Nexus 7 (2013)
Sure I can see the difference but 8 inch screen suites me better
most. At the end what higher resolution is good for if the biggest android problem is that it's apps are made for phones

I returned my new gen Nexus 7 as well. I loved the screen and the speediness of the cpu, but I after 2 weeks, I had to re-boot it at least twice a day. Switched it at Best Buy for this Galaxy Note 8.0, which I thought for certain I would be returning too. Instead, I love this thing even more than I loved my Nexus 10! I haven't needed to re-boot yet, the display is clear, and it's snappy. I love the 8 inch display. Much easier on my eyes than the 7" Nexus. Easier to carry around than the 10" Nexus. My only regret is losing the Nexus 7's wireless charging, which my HTC DNA has.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

I have similar experience

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Tab 3

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel