Oakley ski goggle bag as a Nexus 7 case.

carbon fibre

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Just read the Nexus 7 sleeve review. $30 for a bulky case for a device whose main advantage to me is extreme portability. Often I can just put it in a front pocket caseless. I wanted something to keep the screen scratch free when I tossed it in a pack without adding bulk. Got my Oakley microfibre ski goggle bag out of the basement and tried it. Perfect.
-free.
-adds virtually no bulk, either in use or when off the tablet.
-can clean the display with it. I'll toss it in the wash when I remember.
-downside is no impact resistance.

Oakley-Goggles-Micro-Fibre-Bagfw800fh800.png

Give it a try if you have a goggle bag.

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I guess it is fine if your not banging it around (pack). But yea.....its pretty much naked as far as any impact is concerned. I would look to wally world or a big box place for some simple neoprene type sleeve. For cheap you can find them on amazon if they tell you the correct size. I have a slightly larger neoprene sleeve that I use with my Moko SlimFit case to double protect my N7 when i put it in my backpack/travel bag. I would not feel at all comfortable with that goggle cloth transporting it around. I would get a TPU or a rubber/silicone wrap (Poetic GraphGrip when it ships end of the month for cheap), and a high quality screen saver if I were you.....at minimum if your going to be packing the tablet and carting it around.

buckmans

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm on the snow a couple of days a week. I often don't wear goggles at all, but just a pair of sunglasses. As others have said, the biggest issues are their ability to reduce glare and not fog up. Buckmans carries all the latest ski and snowboard equipment from skis and boards to helmets and boots. Shop online now to find great deals on top brands.Oakley ski

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance