Screen not responding

Droid Brick

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Nexus 7 4 days ago and the screen stopped responding last night. It was stuck at the lock screen until I did a hard reset (volume up, volume down, power) and now it's stuck on the Google logo. I'm not too comfortable connecting it via usb to my computer. Any ideas? I haven't talked to best buy yet nor have I called Asus. Is this an easy fix?

Washable13

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a Razr M which is now water damaged. If i buy a good phone with a cracked screen and replace the screen with that of my damaged phone, will performance be hindered?

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
May I ask why you wouldnt want to connect it to a computer? Just curious.

So it is sticking at the boot screen. Have you done any tampering with this device or has there been any damage? Does it charge? Just curious if it is being detected by a usb. Some standard questions to see where this problem could have arose and how to fix it :)

StingDrop

May 3, 2012
Visit site
May I ask why you wouldnt want to connect it to a computer? Just curious.

So it is sticking at the boot screen. Have you done any tampering with this device or has there been any damage? Does it charge? Just curious if it is being detected by a usb. Some standard questions to see where this problem could have arose and how to fix it :)
the moderator is pretty and smart lol

Droid Brick

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm not too computer savvy. I'm resourceful, but not comfortable with command prompts and whatnot. I does not boot. I've done no tampering of any kind to the tablet. It's practically brand new. I just did a hard reset.

Droid Brick

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I rather would've used the new Android Device Manager but I never got around to enabling the feature yet. (a lesson learned)
Yes, I do have experience with flashing ROMs on other phones. It's either easier than people make it out to be or I'm just very lucky. I've gotten the drivers and other files from XDA but I think I'm having a problem with windows 8 and the drivers. I'll check with Vista when I get a chance.
Is the Nexus 7 nearly impossible to mess up? With the appropriate files, should I be able to get it back up and running? By the way, thank you for all your help.

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
This is a known issue well documented on Google and xda..the latest sw update did something that's dealing havoc with the touch screen, Google it ad ull find plenty of threads.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon