Anyone received the new update that is being pushed by Google to fix multi-touch issues

callanish

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Can you share more details? I tried that and it did not work. I went to App and found Google Framework. I force stopped the service and then cleared the cache. I went back to the Update option and nothing happened.

Edit: Got it to work. Needed to clear data and not cache.

Sorry if I confused things. I knew it was clear one or the other. Either way, I'm on the
latest version. Hope you are too.

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Ugh. I always hold my breath during updates. Now at least I can breathe. Going to be out all day at a yard sale tomorrow and was planning to use it to read. Happy to be able to do that...

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using AC Forums mobile app

skinnysloth

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have the phantom multitouch issue prior to the update, but did have the grounding touch issue where if the tablet was on a table and not in my hands, it would not always recognize my touch input. If I held the tablet on my hands, there would be no problems. Unfortunately the new update does not fix this grounding issue.

harryhoudini66

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Okay, back in business. Factory Restore did it. Luckily I had a Titanium Backup. Rooted and with Custom Recovery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Just got it here in the big apple. My touchscreen is still screwing around with me so... starting to think this is a hardware problem more and more

That70sGAdawg

Trusted Member
Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I just got it OTA in Austin @ 2:35pm cdt. Testing out gps now, so can't provide feedback on that yet, since it takes quite a bit of playing around with the gps to make it "break". Also, I couldn't ever make the multi touch issue happen, so all I can test is if I now have a multi touch issue.

Will update the thread as I learn more.

UPDATE: 3:55pm cdt: Been over an hour and I haven't been able to break GPS, yet. Have been bouncing back and forth between Maps, Navigator and GPS Test, which used to break it. So far so good, but I'll keep at it. Sometimes being slightly OCD is handy.

Posted via Android Central App

Good to hear ! Hook Em !! My second favorite team is the Longhorns. I new season is upon us !!

CBF1

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Are all these TPU cases with the 'S' pattern on the back from the same OEM manufacturer? I see 4 "different" ones on Amazon.

Edit: Oops, wrong topic lol.

Last edited:

carbon fibre

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Got it this afternoon in London Ontario Canada, on my nexus 7 - 2

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Totally new to android.
1. How are you informed you got the update (presumably a message on the notification shade)?
2. How do you install (I am guessing a power down, then it is installed upon next startup)?

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Are all these TPU cases with the 'S' pattern on the back from the same OEM manufacturer? I see 4 "different" ones on Amazon.

Yes, and I have one. Not impressed. The case is loose, and the power and volume buttons are lousy. Also have the "X" tpu and it is much better. Really nice, actually.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have the phantom multitouch issue prior to the update, but did have the grounding touch issue where if the tablet was on a table and not in my hands, it would not always recognize my touch input. If I held the tablet on my hands, there would be no problems. Unfortunately the new update does not fix this grounding issue.

I had the grounding issue and the touch screen issue. The update fixed my multi touch issues but not the grounding issue. It sucks that I have to put a finger on the bezzel to make it work. Trying to use it in a car dock is the worst.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I had the grounding issue and the touch screen issue. The update fixed my multi touch issues but not the grounding issue. It sucks that I have to put a finger on the bezzel to make it work. Trying to use it in a car dock is the worst.

You need to get your device exchanged. Why go through trouble when you have a on year warranty?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Fixed my rare, but easily duplicated multi-touch issue. Thanks, Google. Mine only happened when I'd pinch zoom in a non-linear line. As long as I went straight, it didn't happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy