iPad or Nexus 7 - which has the best user interface? I choose the Nexus as the winner.

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
What method or app did you use to navigate and select your file?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I went into Settings > Storage > Downloads and selected the files and then touched the share icon. One of the share options is Gmail. I also tested with a docx file and it worked fine.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I went into Settings > Storage > Downloads and selected the files and then touched the share icon. One of the share options is Gmail. I also tested with a docx file and it worked fine.

Oh, OK. The method I posted earlier using ES File Explorer was for attaching files from within the Gmail app. For instance, reading an incoming email, then being able to reply and attach a file.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Oh, OK. The method I posted earlier using ES File Explorer was for attaching files from within the Gmail app. For instance, reading an incoming email, then being able to reply and attach a file.

I see. Yes, trying that now directly from Gmail I see if you click the attach icon you can only select files from Drive, Dropbox or Gallery. If they would just add "Downloads" there it would cover everything, wouldn't it?

doug

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I see. Yes, trying that now directly from Gmail I see if you click the attach icon you can only select files from Drive, Dropbox or Gallery. If they would just add "Downloads" there it would cover everything, wouldn't it?

doug

Any file explorer app you download and install will be added to that list. There's also another app that can be added to the list.
It's called Attachments [Gmail Attach]
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.smartanuj.gmailattach&token=dISkKIab

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Any file explorer app you download and install will be added to that list. There's also another app that can be added to the list.
It's called Attachments [Gmail Attach]
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.smartanuj.gmailattach&token=icqteiQW

I just tried the Attachments app. It works perfectly! When you click the attach icon from within Gmail you get an extra option: Attach. If you click that you can directly attach from just about any she the.

this is what I mean. Why does iOS have to be so closed? It would be great if you could add stuff like that in iOS, but you can't .

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I just tried the Attachments app. It works perfectly! When you click the attach icon from within Gmail you get an extra option: Attach. If you click that you can directly attach from just about any she the.

this is what I mean. Why does iOS have to be so closed? It would be great if you could add stuff like that in iOS, but you can't .

iOS is fool proof. It's hard to mess something up. You have more flexibility with Android, but you can end up screwing something up by way of some 3rd party apps. I feel that Apple keeps it closed so you can't screw anything up, while also not ringing their phones off the hook with issues you're having by those apps

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
iOS is fool proof. It's hard to mess something up. You have more flexibility with Android, but you can end up screwing something up by way of some 3rd party apps. I feel that Apple keeps it closed so you can't screw anything up, while also not ringing their phones off the hook with issues you're having by those apps

You can also phone Google Tech support though, 24 hours a day. 1.855.836.3987 :)

doug

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
You can also phone Google Tech support though, 24 hours a day. 1.855.836.3987 :)

doug

Never knew they had a number you could call.
Seems as though you have to do a little searching around to get Google's contact info. Those that have Apple Care with iOS products, it's quite easy to contact someone.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Never knew they had a number you could call.
Seems as though you have to do a little searching around to get Google's contact info. Those that have Apple Care with iOS products, it's quite easy to contact someone.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

I found it about equally easy to locate the number. It's right at the top of this page: https://support.google.com/nexus/

They seem pretty friendly. And they will followup with more info by email as needed.

doug

sbmlat

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Pressing the recent apps button gives you easy multitasking access to your recent apps with previews of what's going on in them. It's easier to jump between apps than with the double-click of the hardware iPhone/iPad home button. And it's easier to slide away apps. This is a feature iOS 7 will be basically stealing from Android. But I still prefer the soft button. I've had problems with my hardware home button on all three iPhones I owned, and the access is easier and more reliable with this dedicated soft button. And as I mentioned, the soft buttons rotate with the device, while the iPhone/iPad button is fixed.

I have iPad. I rarely use home button. Just use four fingers to swipe up to bring multitasking icon bar. To go home I use five fingers to make squeeze action. To move between apps use four fingers to swipe. Just two cents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

jlk_250

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I am a brand new Nexus 7 (2013) owner after going through the Apple versus Android debate. My wife has iPad and we both have Android phones, mine being a Nexus 4. Since the iPad was a gift I never used it myself until recently researching what tablet to buy for myself. Two things really stood out on the iPad that I had not expected. One is that it is nowhere near as refined as the Apple fans make it out to be. Apps are still a little buggy and not everything works the way I want it to. The other is that you can't get a Swype-like keyboard. You peck, peck peck, which I refuse to do. Unreal!

Long story short, I ended up with a Nexus 7 (2013). And wow, I am highly impressed! The display is gorgeous and the size/shape seems just about right for me. So far there isn't anything that makes me say I wish I had bought an iPad instead. I've heard all the iPad hype and generally believed it but have now come to the conclusion that Android has caught up to and surpassed Apple's offerings, particularly if you like Swipe.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc