Will the US WIFI version work in Australia?

Slaytor Z

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Rumour has it that the 32GB version of the Nexus 7 '13 will cost about $329 AUD. I'd prefer to buy it at the US price ($269 USD), so I'll probably order it from Amazon or something. However will the US version of the Nexus 7 '13's WIFI work in Australia?

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
The WiFi compatibility on all WiFi is universal.
Before our dollar crashed, it was a lot cheaper to order from Amazon for products like the nexus 4 - that would save you about $70 but I calculated that when our dollar was buy $1.10 USD now its buying about $0.90 USD I am not sure if its actually worth getting from a 3rd party as repairing it etc would be easier getting it through Google etc.

- - - Updated - - -

The WiFi compatibility on all WiFi is universal.
Before our dollar crashed, it was a lot cheaper to order from Amazon for products like the nexus 4 - that would save you about $70 but I calculated that when our dollar was buy $1.10 USD now its buying about $0.90 USD I am not sure if its actually worth getting from a 3rd party as repairing it etc would be easier getting it through Google etc.

Slaytor Z

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
The problem with ordering it straight from Google Play is I can't access the US Play store at all in Australia. Is there a way?

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
No as you require a us credit card and address. Its probably best to wait for it, I'm sure jb HiFi etc will stock it once its released. Harvey Norman is giving out the nexus 7 (2012) with Asus laptops so its a sign they are getting rid of them for the new one.

Posted via Android Central App