Update broke my Nexus 7 (2013)

appmy

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I received this updated and the tablet is now useless. I'll turn it on and all it does is repeats three errors. Launcher stopped, Google Services stopped, and com.google.process.gapps stopped working...over and over again.

I've tried doing a factory reset, but was unable to get it to boot into recovery. I get a No Command error.

Any ideas?

UPDATE: I was finally able to work through the error to get to the settings menu and factory reset the device. Seems to be working now running JSS15Q again

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear you got it working. Can you tell us how you were able to work through the error, so that people who are experiencing the same problem can learn without having to access another thread or website?

appmy

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I worked slowly through the errors with brute force. I keep clicking okay on the error message with one hand and navigating the settings menu, accessed through the upper right corner pull down, with the other hand. That is the only way I could get the factory reset to work. The power+volume down would not work, and I even tried the new remote wipe option.

I am happy I got the device functioning again, but pretty disappointed in Google and the device (ASUS). I hope this doesn't happen again! Hopefully this will also repair the random reboot issue, this issue alone was cause enough for me to return it.

appmy

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, the new update with a factory reset doesn't seen to fix the random reboot issue.

Just had 2 reboots in 30 minutes using Maps and Chrome.

Posted via Android Central App

Dave Flack

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a Nexus 7 at Fry's in Sunnyvale. It automatically updated to JWR66Y but has not gone OTA to JSS15Q. How long do these OTA upgrades take? I don't want to flash it. Thanks.

Asus_Fred

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
It should take a few days as it just rolled out last week. You will get a message on the screen with the update information.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I just bought a Nexus 7 at Fry's in Sunnyvale. It automatically updated to JWR66Y but has not gone OTA to JSS15Q. How long do these OTA upgrades take? I don't want to flash it. Thanks.

Sunnyvale in da house! That's where I live, too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante