So, after forcing the update, I think my multi-touch issues are gone. Sms good on that end so far. But I do have a few observations and I would definitely like to know if anyone else notices these as well? :

1. The back of the devices doesn't seem perfectly smooth. Like, when I run my hands across the soft touch backing, I can feel a bit of a hump towards the center of the tablet. It's very subtle, though. I just want to make sure the back isn't about the burst, lol.

2. I notice chrome occasionally not showing certain websites in the proper layout. I noticed this on the site tested . comment, a tech website I frequent. It's probably isolated, but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this with other sites?

3. Is it normal for widgets on the home screen to take a brief second to show up when pressing the home button when I'm in a app. For example, I have dash clock widget on my main page and often when I go to the home screen from a app, it'll take a half second to show up on the home screen. I notice this with other widgets as well. I'm just wondering if that's normal.
    08-27-2013 07:21 PM
    1. This is probably normal. It is most likely extra hardware like the NFC transmitter and the components for wireless charging. Nothing to worry about.

2. Never had this one. Sites always seem to display as they should

3. This happens to all Androids when you enter the home screen from an app. It takes a fraction of a second to load the widgets and apps. It is more noticeable with lots of widgets on the screen. Mine doesn't take a half a second though. I would say mine does in about 1/4 second.

Posted from the incredible new Nexus 7
    08-27-2013 08:48 PM
    1. This is probably normal. It is most likely extra hardware like the NFC transmitter and the components for wireless charging. Nothing to worry about.

2. Never had this one. Sites always seem to display as they should

3. This happens to all Androids when you enter the home screen from an app. It takes a fraction of a second to load the widgets and apps. It is more noticeable with lots of widgets on the screen. Mine doesn't take a half a second though. I would say mine does in about 1/4 second.

Yeah, mines actually less than half a second I think. Like, it's only enough to be just noticeable,

As far as the backing goes, I thought maybe the battery was inflating or something, lol,
    08-27-2013 09:02 PM
    But I don't have a few more observations and I would definitely if anyone else notices this as well?

What?
    08-27-2013 09:04 PM
    My sites are also fine. And the home screen thing is common.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    08-27-2013 09:06 PM
    Yeah, mines actually less than half a second I think. Like, it's only enough to be just noticeable,

As far as the backing goes, I thought maybe the battery was inflating or something, lol,
    It is good to be concerned, but I am sure that it is fine. The back cover of the device is very thin, so any hardware that protrudes out a little will be noticed.

RavenSword and ZephyrsDream like this.
    08-27-2013 09:13 PM