(Q) How do i Transfer over games saves?

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I just bought the 2013 Nexus 7 and downloaded all my apps. How do I port over my CSR Racing and Real Racing 3 saved progress from my Nexus 7 2012? I have spent hours and hours playing these 2 games not to mention made in app purchases i don't wanna start all over. I don't have a FB signing in via social media isn't an option.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't have FB either so I have the same issues you do when buying a new device. The solution I use is a free app called Helium. You can download it from the Play Store and use it to backup the games you want to transfer over. Simply apply the backup to your new device and you should be good to go. It works 100% for me.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I use Dropbox and upload my save files in there, then download them onto the device.
What directory / file extensions do I need to look for for saving it to Dropbox and then re-load them in my other device?
Where does games data reside?

scottocs99

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Damn, I wish this thread came up before I bought my Nexus 7 2013. I lost all of my progress on my apps, AND, all of my ROMs on my emulators.

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Helium didn't work every time I tried to sync the backed up games on the 2012N7 to the 2013N7 I would get an error message I guess I'm SOL.

sent from my 2013 Nexus 7

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Copy them from DB and paste them into the same place you got them from on the new device.

That's were I'm stuck because, once I uploaded the game saves to DB via Helium the helium software doesn't indicate where the files are before the upload. The only option given is to place a check In the box next the app you want to back up. So I don't know were to copy and paste the game save files

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
You'd have to do it without Helium. Manually, with a file explorer, upload the game save files and bring them back to the new phone with the same file explorer.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
That's were I'm stuck because, once I uploaded the game saves to DB via Helium the helium software doesn't indicate where the files are before the upload. The only option given is to place a check In the box next the app you want to back up. So I don't know were to copy and paste the game save files

from where did you copy the save files from 2012 N7 to DropBox??
i believe you copied just the files and not the entire folder.

The exact folder structure has to be maintained not just the files.

its better to copy the Helium backup folder to PC and then copy the same folder to the new N7.

then open helium and click on apps u want to restore.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
from where did you copy the save files from 2012 N7 to DropBox??
i believe you copied just the files and not the entire folder.

The exact folder structure has to be maintained not just the files.

its better to copy the Helium backup folder to PC and then copy the same folder to the new N7.

then open helium and click on apps u want to restore.

Another great idea.

Sean473

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Helium worked for me. Just copied the backup made on my S3 to the N7 and restored! No issues at all except for with Real Racing 3 which anyways has a cloud backup.

Posted via Android Central App

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Helium worked for me. Just copied the backup made on my S3 to the N7 and restored! No issues at all except for with Real Racing 3 which anyways has a cloud backup.

Posted via Android Central App

I kept getting an error message when I would try to restore and sync from one device to another.

Tj Shields

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to use dropbox to transfer all my games over from my phone to my tablet without losing the saved games(Angry Birds:Space, Seasons, Star Wars, Rio, etc. , Amazing Alex, Bad Piggies, PVZ, etc) did you use the Dropsync app or What technique did you use?
I just want to be sure I know what you used so I don't loose any of my data. I should mention that I cannot use Helium because I have a Droid Bionic and it isn't compatible. I have found game saving Angry Birds apps but they don't always save everything.

Thanks

Last edited:

Stuart Law

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I never knew that RR3 had cloud saving... 6 championships completed and now I'm back to square one :(

I thought I had it backed up through Helium but that was only after my initial install (Root). If I were you I'd use the cloud saving provided in the settings menu in game.

Can I be arsed to have another go? Hmm

Nexus7Question

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Even if I use Helium how can I back up my sons games and "Game Progress" to an external device when I don't have a connector on the Nexus to allow connnection to a PC? It only has a hole for the power charge adapter.