Can I use my Nexus 7 for handwritten notes?

Kaya Mallick

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I bought a Nexus 7 without doing the proper amount of research ( Shame on me) but I want to be able to take extensive handwritten notes on it and I'm looking for the best app that will convert my handwriting to text and also be able to export it as something other than a PDF-Like,I could even copy and paste the text. Just more than PDF. If there is a good app for that, what's the best stylus to use with it? I'll need something that is roughly the same Size/ shape of a real pen. If there honestly is not a good solution for this on the Nexus, please tell me the best, most affordable tablet to purchase for this purpose. I've heard windows 8 has a phenomenal built in handwriting recognition feature in One Note...? Thanks So much for your advice.

WestOkid

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Nexus 7 without doing the proper amount of research ( Shame on me) but I want to be able to take extensive handwritten notes on it and I'm looking for the best app that will convert my handwriting to text and also be able to export it as something other than a PDF-Like,I could even copy and paste the text. Just more than PDF. If there is a good app for that, what's the best stylus to use with it? I'll need something that is roughly the same Size/ shape of a real pen. If there honestly is not a good solution for this on the Nexus, please tell me the best, most affordable tablet to purchase for this purpose. I've heard windows 8 has a phenomenal built in handwriting recognition feature in One Note...? Thanks So much for your advice.

The only tablet that would give you a good experience for handwriting conversion is the Galaxy Note series. The 8" version would be comparable in size to the Nexus. The reason the note series will be better than Nexus, iPad or and most mainstream tablets is the stylus is pressure sensitive and the screen has palm rejection. Samsung also has a lot of software that specifically takes advantage of the pen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

I've used this app, but it has to be used with another note app because it's like a keyboard replacement.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...edge.sevennotesproducten&hl=en&token=5zOfIhrR

Use it with the Evernote app and a stylus with the metal mesh tip. They last longer than the rubber tip and it glides on the screen better especially if you have a plastic screen protector.
I use this one, and it's size is a lot like a real pen.
Amazon.com: BoxWave EverTouch Capacitive iPad Stylus - Touchscreen Stylus with Ultra Durable FiberMesh Fabric Tip for Apple iPad 4, iPad mini, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, Nexus 7, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, Universal Touchscreen St

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude