can't find play music files

joelgeez

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I've seen several posts that circle my question, but they really don't help me, so here's another one:
Purchased an alarm clock app, one that provides the option of playing music. Then I went to Play Store and downloaded album. Did the pin thing and played music offline so I'm pretty sure it's on my Nexus 7 2.
Now I can't find where Android stashes magazines, books, and media. I can access them through the Play app, but ES file explorer doesn't show me where they are. Music folder is empty. Would've thought Android would put music in music folder. What was I thinking?
Anyway, I realize there's something I'm not understanding. Where do these Library files reside and how can I move music, say, to the music folder?
Anyone? This is my 1st Android device so treat me gently.
Thanks.
Joel

joelgeez

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, but I've tried these paths already. Regardless of which, I end up in an empty folder. Also, most discussions center on phones. I have nexus 7 tablet. Still searching for illumination.
J

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
There are limitations to pinned music. If you want to take a song and move it or use it for other things you have to actually buy it.

joelgeez

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
There are limitations to pinned music. If you want to take a song and move it or use it for other things you have to actually buy it.
Well, I did actually buy an album and a song, then I followed the directions to download to my Nexus 7 and the pin turned orange and the album I bought and the song I bought are both on my device. Also, I can't find a magazine I bought or a book I bought, all from Google Play. I can access them, but I can't point music players or the alarm clock to their locations.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. For the magazine, did you look under Internal Storage/Android/Data/com.google.android.apps.magazines/files as an example? There is also a music folder like that. That is where I see things on my Galaxy Nexus at the moment.

joelgeez

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. For the magazine, did you look under Internal Storage/Android/Data/com.google.android.apps.magazines/files as an example? There is also a music folder like that. That is where I see things on my Galaxy Nexus at the moment.
Yeah. Been there. When I get into those folders they're empty. Any chance there are two sets of these folders and I'm at the wrong set?
Also, I went into settings>google play music. When I click that icon I see total amt of MB, that's broken down into data and app. The difference between the two shows that something is there.
Thanks for trying, though,

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
This is one of my beefs, and why I will only get free music from Google, and prefer to buy music from Amazon. I like to be able to just copy music I downloaded on the device and transfer it to my computer or other devices easily. With Amazon, I can do this with my music, with Google, I've never been able to find where it is stored on the device.

Sent from my Nexus 7

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Way I solve it is to go onto the web version of Play Music and download it from there.

Funny, I was just thinking of that now. As I recall, I did just that with a song and then transferred it to my phone for later use. Been a while.....

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Funny, I was just thinking of that now. As I recall, I did just that with a song and then transferred it to my phone for later use. Been a while.....

It's stuff like this that reminds me why tablets and phones will never replace fully featured PCs.

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
No, all I have is a little MiFi device. Limited bandwidth on that, mostly use public hotspots with my tablet, like the library.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc