multitask question

jd4d

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Is there anyway to delete all apps running in the background other than swiping them away?

Posted via Android Central App

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Not baked into the system. You shouldn't have to worry about running apps or processes too much. Android does a good job at taking care of that stuff. Unless you notice a runaway app that is killing battery life, you should be OK. If you want to just free up your memory after using it for a while, you can just reboot it. Stay away from battery savers and task managers though. After reading many forums and from past experiences, they are no good.
Honestly, if I want to free up some stuff though, I'll just swipe away in the multitasking screen. I don't ever reboot or anything.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
"Honestly, if I want to free up some stuff though, I'll just swipe away in the multitasking screen."

Swiping apps away from the running apps button list only removes the shortcut from the list, but doesn't terminate the app, correct?

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
As of 4.3 it does kill the apps. I was going to mention that because I know there has been some confusion about that but I forgot to.