I have the 2012 edition, and i love it, but it has ghosting issues, thinking i am ouching when i am not. i have read other people are having problems with their new Nexus 7's. i tried to fix my old one but Asus wont do the necessary replacements. is the first batch of issues sorted out, or should i hold off a little longer?
    09-03-2013 05:01 PM
    They're mostly sorted out - go for it. If you get one and have any issues, do a factory reset. Make sure all updates are installed. If you still have issues, do an exchange, but it's not likely that you'll need to.
    M1grande likes this.
    09-03-2013 05:34 PM
    what is the best store to buy it from, in terms of returns in the event of a malfunction?
    09-03-2013 05:41 PM
    what is the best store to buy it from, in terms of returns in the event of a malfunction?
    What do you have local to you? Local = easier returns. But online could mean a nice amount of savings on sales tax if you're willing to risk a tougher return/exchange on the small change you have a problem.
    M1grande likes this.
    09-03-2013 05:45 PM
    i live in delaware, so there isnt sales tax, but i have a gamestop, best buy, staples, walmart, kmart and hhgreg close to me
    09-03-2013 06:10 PM
    I just returned mine and am holding off for a few months to avoid any needless hassle to return defects tablet. If the ipad mini 2 is coming out this year, there might be a chance the new nexus 7 price might drop a bit too (to kick start competition or to makeup for the defects to attracts buyers), who knows. Thats just my own opinion.
    M1grande likes this.
    09-03-2013 06:19 PM
    I bought mine from Walmart. Spent $28 on a two year warranty that covers defects and damage. doesn't cover loss or theft, though.

Posted via Android Central App
    M1grande likes this.
    09-03-2013 06:40 PM
    i live in delaware, so there isnt sales tax, but i have a gamestop, best buy, staples, walmart, kmart and hhgreg close to me
    I bought a 2012 from Staples with their protection plan. A few months later, it dropped and broke the screen. I took it in, and they ordered the 2013 for me. They didn't even want the 2012, so I took a shot at replacing the screen and digitizer.

The return was easy and painless. I'd highly recommend them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    M1grande likes this.
    09-03-2013 06:42 PM
    I just bought another one this afternoon. After having a Nexus 10 for awhile, I had to go back to Nexus. The Note 8.0's home button kept getting the way for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    M1grande likes this.
    09-03-2013 06:45 PM
    I bought my nexus 7 at GameStop no problems with mine

sent from my galaxy s4
    M1grande likes this.
    09-03-2013 07:03 PM
    I have the 2012 edition, and i love it, but it has ghosting issues, thinking i am ouching when i am not. i have read other people are having problems with their new Nexus 7's. i tried to fix my old one but Asus wont do the necessary replacements. is the first batch of issues sorted out, or should i hold off a little longer?
    I bought my Nexus 7 / 32gig at the end of April. I'm going to assume I have the 2012 version. What are the upgrades on the new model? Is it available in the Play Store? I bought mine at Game Stop. A week after I bought it the thing slid off my couch onto the floor (maybe a 14 inch drop). The screen went went kaput and it wouldn't boot up. They replaced it with no question. I haven't had a single issue with my new one. I guess it's where you buy it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-03-2013 08:58 PM
    I bought my Nexus 7 / 32gig at the end of April. I'm going to assume I have the 2012 version. What are the upgrades on the new model? Is it available in the Play Store? I bought mine at Game Stop. A week after I bought it the thing slid off my couch onto the floor (maybe a 14 inch drop). The screen went went kaput and it wouldn't boot up. They replaced it with no question. I haven't had a single issue with my new one. I guess it's where you buy it.

Yes, you would have the 2012 model - the 2013 model came out a little over a month ago. Off the top of my head, upgrades include:
    - a higher resolution, full HD screen that replicates a broader spectrum of colors more accurately
    - roughly 2x processing power, 4x graphics power
    - rear camera
    - lighter, quite a bit narrower (though slightly taller), thinner
    - support for miracast
    - support for in-line headphones and accessories that use the headphone jack & require audio input (ex: Square and other credit card swipers)
    - hdmi output support (via a usb adapter)
    - improved wireless antenna
    - dual speakers
    09-04-2013 11:10 AM
    It's always a good time to buy a new Nexus 7!!
    09-04-2013 12:21 PM
    They're mostly sorted out - go for it. If you get one and have any issues, do a factory reset. Make sure all updates are installed. If you still have issues, do an exchange, but it's not likely that you'll need to.
    +1 -- I am quite happy with this device

09-05-2013 03:18 PM
    I bought my nexus 7 at GameStop no problems with mine

sent from my galaxy s4
    Same with me.

09-05-2013 08:36 PM
    Best Buy has the best return policy. Especially for Silver Premiere customers, they get 60 days to return I believe. Otherwise its 30 days.
    09-05-2013 09:40 PM