I kept my Nexus 7. I first purchased the 16 Gig Model and loved it so much, I returned it to get the 32 Gig Model. I then convinced a friend to purchase one himself. He loves it. Whenever someone asks me to recommend an tablet, guess which one I recommend? Well dependent on the user of course. Some people need to stick with Apple.
    09-04-2013 09:29 AM
    I recently made a tablet purchase myself and played around with the Nexus 7/10 (honestly that was my very first choice) but then I ran into a few bumps in the road:
    1) Google refused to sell me a Nexus. I tried when I traveled to the US, but I don't live in the US, I don't have an US credit card. I tried again when I was in Japan, and guess what? No Japanese residence and no Japanese credit card? No Nexus for you. '
    2) I still got to use both from a couple of friends. Tried them next to an iPad. The screen of the Nexus beat the iPad's BUT apps are greatly lacking for Android tablets. I know this has improved but it's waaaaaay far off from what the iPad has to offer (and again, this is from a VERY Android fan). So in terms of nicely-done, tablet-optimized, functional apps went, I had to choose the iPad.

And don't get me wrong, I HATE the restrictiveness of it. I constantly find myself longing for SwiftKey and trying to share something and expecting it to go through to any of my apps only to find the very limited iOS options. I miss the level of customization I can get from my Android phone. And even "multitasking" seems dumbed-down and near to non-existing compared to Android. But in terms of apps and content, it still is the tablet to beat. I truly hope this changes, because I'm honestly not happy with the OS, but for getting things done, this was the choice I had to make, albeit with some compromise.

BTW: The price did make the iPad a no-no for me, but while in Japan, the store was having a very sweet deal (15% off all Apple products) plus the 5% I got back from taxes for being a foreigner, it nearly matched the Nexus price.
    09-04-2013 09:45 AM
    I kept my Nexus 7. I first purchased the 16 Gig Model and loved it so much, I returned it to get the 32 Gig Model. I then convinced a friend to purchase one himself. He loves it. Whenever someone asks me to recommend an tablet, guess which one I recommend? Well dependent on the user of course. Some people need to stick with Apple.
    Aside from a few "touch" issues, I love it myself. I patiently waited for the update and it fixed my issues. I think I convinced one of my Apple-Cult buddies that the N7 was an incredible device. He was sold after playing with my tablet.

J
    harryhoudini66 likes this.
    09-04-2013 10:02 AM