Nexus 7 Speaker Crackle

swimmaholic

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I just got my new New Nexus 7 and love it! However the speakers seem to crackle a lot whenever audio is played. The audio sounds good but I still hear the crackle. This occurs throughout all of my apps. I'm not an expert on audio but I was wondering if anyone has this problem or explain if it is a normal thing?

Posted via Android Central App

daveddy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I get speaker crackle when playing arcane legends but its the game.i contacted the developer and they are aware of the problem,all other games, apps and music are fine for me

swimmaholic

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I just looked at XDA and they said that it is common when the device is on a lower volume. There is some component that is used to eliminate the crackle but it would not be cheap to implement. Several people are reporting that is the issue and to not be too bothered with it. I will wait a few more days and make a decision. Any more cases of this or other input would be nice to hear!

anon(125145)

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I noticed tinkling tonight that my nexus has this speaker cracks crackle issue. I only notice it at low volumes. It simple would be nice if there was a simple fix. I don't know if this is worth the hassle of exchanging It.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
There is no fix. According to the discussion at XDA, this is a consequence of the design of the audio circuit: digital volume control is used instead of analog.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
There is no fix. According to the discussion at XDA, this is a consequence of the design of the audio circuit: digital volume control is used instead of analog.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Oh, that's too bad. The crackle is definitely annoying when I want to listen to quiet audio. At least I mostly use a headset to listen to anything.

Posted from the incredible new Nexus 7

moogypoog

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I have the older version of nexus 7 and the problem is there as well. Just to let you know you're not alone! 😃

Posted via Android Central App