So, I bought my wife a new Nexus 7 (2013) as a wedding gift last month and she loved it. However, a couple days ago she installed an update and got the 'hanging at x' issue. After trying to fix it without a full wipe, I was forced to wipe it. Unfortunately, she took a lot of photos of our honeymoon on the Nexus 7's camera. I am trying to recovery those files and have tried Recuva and Odboso FileRetrieval, but neither one seems to recognize or read the Nexus 7 when plugged into my laptop and thus cannot even attempt to recover any files. Does anyone have any tips on how I can get one of these types of programs to recognize the Nexus 7 when it is plugged in so I can see if any file recovery is possible? Thanks in advance.
    09-07-2013 02:25 AM
    I am not so sure that you can. When you delete a file it is still there until the space gets written over by something else. When you do a factory reset it may very well have written over the spaces. Nonetheless, if you are using Windows you need to install USB drivers to be able to read the contents of the device. I think this page has the drivers : Acer Support - Answers, E-Mail, Chat - Can I connect my Android tablet to a Windows PC via a USB cable?

Here is an article explaining the process: OEM USB Drivers | Android Developers

Good luck!
    09-07-2013 10:48 AM