Just had my first random reboot

josh6113

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Hello all...just got my 16 gig nexus 7 4 days ago from best buy and its been flawless in every way.Tonight while I was in the play store my nexus 7 rebooted.Is this a software bug or should I be more concerned?....I'm a premium member at best buy so I've got 2 months to return....any advice?

Thanks,
Josh
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Acecool

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
This has been happening to me as well.
Galaxy S4 random reboot - YouTube

Ever since Samsung rolled out the firmware update with the build JDQ39.I337MVLUAMG1 on about August 27, 2013, my Galaxy S4 has been rebooting randomly. It appears that this is caused when the radio loses connection with the cell network. This happens several times a day. I captured this happening on the attached video.

This happens at my at my home frequently because of the crappy service from Rogers. I purchased the extended service plan from Best Buy, but they will not replace the phone since their Geek Squad cannot reproduce the problem in their shop.

Samsung says to send the phone in for repair, but you know what will happen there. They will test for 5 minutes and say they too cannot reproduce the problem.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Perhaps a new firmware update will fix the problem.

gerryp123

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I think its an annoying but tolerable software (app or JB) bug. At least it initiates a quick reboot!
Notify Google and perhaps it will be fixed someday.

josh6113

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I think its an annoying but tolerable software (app or JB) bug. At least it initiates a quick reboot!
Notify Google and perhaps it will be fixed someday.

Quick is right...I love the hardware in this thing....reboots take a very short time...:)...thanks again all...;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

pete1118

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
I have had one or two random reboots but never while I was actually using the 7. Mine seem to occur when there is no Wi-Fi connection for an extended time (several hours) as in when I am traveling and not using the device. I have observed the same thing on my old TF101, I would pull it out of the case and check status and find it rebooted somewhere along the way. I have not be worrying about it, both never seem to do it when connected to Wi-Fi whatever that means :)

dsgerman

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Random reboots with lock screen with pin. Could not reproduce at Verizon. Hard reset. Stock phone with no apps without problems for 48 hours. Selective app install and no reboots for 5 days. I had just installed a battery app the day before. Wonder if it was the batter app with this phone. Had not installed this app with previous Motorola Droid Razr.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
A week into my nexus 7 without a reboot. If mine rebooted though I would wipe it. If it rebooted after that I would return it. I wiped it out of the box after updating to 4.3. Always wipe new devices out of the box.

Posted via Android Central App

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
This has been happening to me as well.

Ever since Samsung rolled out the firmware update with the build JDQ39.I337MVLUAMG1 on about August 27, 2013, my Galaxy S4 has been rebooting randomly. It appears that this is caused when the radio loses connection with the cell network. This happens several times a day. I captured this happening on the attached video.

This happens at my at my home frequently because of the crappy service from Rogers. I purchased the extended service plan from Best Buy, but they will not replace the phone since their Geek Squad cannot reproduce the problem in their shop.

Samsung says to send the phone in for repair, but you know what will happen there. They will test for 5 minutes and say they too cannot reproduce the problem.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Perhaps a new firmware update will fix the problem.

Please post this in the section for your device - this forum is for the Nexus 7 tablet.

markdek

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
It took me 3 N7's 2013/16gb from Best Buy to get a perfect one. The 4th is perfect...never a random reboot.

The other 3, gps problem, 2nd one random rebooted every 15 minutes, bad pixels in one, and can't remember what was wrong w/ the 3rd one.

I've got to say, I am leaning toward either bad apps, or a hard ware issue regarding these N7's that have random reboots. 1 reboot in a month or 2.....maybe not so much likely that it's a hardware issue.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
It took me 3 N7's 2013/16gb from Best Buy to get a perfect one. The 4th is perfect...never a random reboot.

The other 3, gps problem, 2nd one random rebooted every 15 minutes, bad pixels in one, and can't remember what was wrong w/ the 3rd one.

I've got to say, I am leaning toward either bad apps, or a hard ware issue regarding these N7's that have random reboots. 1 reboot in a month or 2.....maybe not so much likely that it's a hardware issue.

So you are saying that you have it narrowed down to either hardware or software......well, I bet you are right.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol