Is the Nexus 7 screen too small

EdwardC

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a 2012 Nexus 7, iPad 2 and a BlackBerry Playbook and after spending time with the Nexus the display totally ruined my iPad experience but like you I think the 7" display is a little too narrow so over the weekend I was looking at a Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 which was $ 299.00 and looked over a saw a Kindle Fire HD 8.9" for $ 229.00 well this was a no brainer so I bought the Kindle and I must say I was a little skeptical at first but the display is awesome and it is doing everything that I was doing with my Nexus 7 for a killer price. I have read that a newer, even better HD is coming out but for $ 229.00 I am sold. Good luck on choosing something that you can live with, fortunately we have a lot of great choices.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a 2012 Nexus 7, iPad 2 and a BlackBerry Playbook and after spending time with the Nexus the display totally ruined my iPad experience but like you I think the 7" display is a little too narrow so over the weekend I was looking at a Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 which was $ 299.00 and looked over a saw a Kindle Fire HD 8.9" for $ 229.00 well this was a no brainer so I bought the Kindle and I must say I was a little skeptical at first but the display is awesome and it is doing everything that I was doing with my Nexus 7 for a killer price. I have read that a newer, even better HD is coming out but for $ 229.00 I am sold. Good luck on choosing something that you can live with, fortunately we have a lot of great choices.

Agree with this. Absolutely stunning display on the Fire 8.9. Can't imagine now watching videos or reading magazines on anything less.

Joe Joejoe

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to settle this issue once and for all.

the size doesn't matter as much as the resolution. the nexus 7 viewed from a foot away or less, is like viewing a regular 32 to 60+ inch TV across the room. go to one side of a room, then hold up your nexus 7 at normal viewing distance, and pretend it's a flat screen on the wall behind it. look at the space it takes up on the wall and you'll see it is comparable to viewing large screen tv's from a couch or a bed. hold it even closer, but not too close to where you can't focus, and it's essentially filling the same view area as a typical silver screen in the theater! it's all a matter of perspective. the only difference is you're either viewing big pixels from far away, or small pixels from close up. the screen seems small, but for handheld waist or chest height viewing, it's actually pretty large. I prefer viewing small screens from close up than large screens at a distance or large screens close up.

the pixel density really makes the screen. wouldnt touch 7 inches at 720p...too much pixelation.

BrandonEnr7

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
As for size, I think the Nexus 7 is perfect. I used to have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 but sold it. It was nice to have the big screen, but was not as comfortable to hold due to its size and weight. For convenience, I sold it and waited for the new Nexus 7 to come out. Now I'm very happy with this 7" screen. I feel I bring the tablet with me a lot more than I did before.

Posted via Android Central App

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I have an ipad (3rd gen retina) and after buying the N7 love the portability of the N7, and find myself using it more and more. However!!....I have my eye on the soon to be released LG Gpad 8.3 ....I feel that the 8 inch tablet is the sweet spot, well at least for me anyway....When the rumors were flying around about the new N7, I was hoping for an 8 inch tablet then, but that never happened.

konrad236

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I find I hold the nexus 7 quite close to my face. not a problem at all for me, the resolution is quite high so holding it close doesn't make it all pixely. It's the perfect size to fit into the pockets on about half my pants, which is great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay