Hi there,

I just got my new Nexus 7 2013 edition today. I own a Nexus 4 already which is full of apps (more than 200). After switching ON my new Nexus 7 2013 and setting up my wireless network it downloads all my apps I already have on my Nexus 4 and I don't want this...as many of the apps I have on my Nexus 4 I don't want them on my Nexus 7.

Is there a way to just setup Nexus 7 without the device sync all your previous purchased apps?

Thanks for your help... now I'm ready to perform a factory reset but I need to know if I have to untick maybe one of the options that appear on the first screens ... when setting up Nexus 7 for the first time.
    09-13-2013 03:51 PM
    There should be a prompt when you first fire it up and you're setting up your Google Account where it asks you if you want Google to download your apps based on your account, just say no to this.

Another option is to fire it up, SKIP the Google Account registration and once you've set your WiFi up, then go into Settings/Accounts and add the Google Account. It will then let you select which portions of your account to sync and then you can go into Google Play and install just the apps you want.

Or if you want the 'old' way, just let it try to download everything but cut off all network access (Airplane mode should work); it will attempt to download them but won't be able to, leaving you to choose which ones to install manually, later.
    pbelfi and Unicorn Rancher like this.
    09-13-2013 04:10 PM
    Thanks SpookDroid! Now ready to factory reset my device and have a look at your guidelines.... cheers mate.
    09-13-2013 04:23 PM
    Hi there,

I just got my new Nexus 7 2013 edition today. I own a Nexus 4 already which is full of apps (more than 200). After switching ON my new Nexus 7 2013 and setting up my wireless network it downloads all my apps I already have on my Nexus 4 and I don't want this...as many of the apps I have on my Nexus 4 I don't want them on my Nexus 7.

Is there a way to just setup Nexus 7 without the device sync all your previous purchased apps?

Thanks for your help... now I'm ready to perform a factory reset but I need to know if I have to untick maybe one of the options that appear on the first screens ... when setting up Nexus 7 for the first time.
    When I started my Nexus 7 the first time, it was a flood! A good portion of them failed on its initial try, but succeeded individually the second.

Mostly a good feature, though. I usually want most, but not all of the apps. I end up installing all, then deleting the ones I don't want.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    09-14-2013 03:44 PM
    Yea it is a pain in the ****....having all the apps coming down at once! I had the same thing happen to me when I bought and activated my Galaxy G4 phone.....I am on a shared data program, and didn't want it eating the data for the month...so I just set it to airplane mode like SpookDroid said, until I was able to get the phone set up on wifi.....when I got my N7 I knew better before hand......BTW, excellent advise on your post SpookDroid.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-15-2013 06:06 AM
    We're all here to help

Personally, I DO like all my apps coming in automatically (except for that time when I didn't have a clue and it did so with nearly 2GB on my new SII and chewing through most of my data hehehe good thing I had an unlimited plan with only a couple of days until the new billing cycle :P)
    09-18-2013 10:31 AM
    I just go to the my apps menu when it's trying to dl all of them and hit cancel.
    09-18-2013 08:23 PM
    Hey SpookDroid

I have 35 tablets, I want them all to have apps install automatically after i have downloaded on my account. I have looked for that prompt you talked about but i can't seem to find it. Any ideas how i can make this work ?

A little more about what im trying to do, I am a dispatcher for trucking company. I have 35 drivers that each have their own nexus 7. I want to be able to download an app and have it somehow be installed on all of their tablets without having to have the drivers do anything or all being me their tablets to install an app on it.
    04-30-2014 10:09 AM
    Its usually easier to let them all DL and then just delete the ones you don't want them to not let anything DL and then handpick them one by one to install. I guess that depends on how many you don't want on your nexus though.
    04-30-2014 10:23 AM
    I want to be able to download an app and have it somehow be installed on all of their tablets
    And all of these tablets are going to have your account, rather than each driver having their own account?
    I didn't think you could have that many devices on one account, except as a school or something similar.

If you don't touch the tablets I suppose you could share the apk (via an email or message attachment) using something like Share Apps (Applications): https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...vaexp.shareapk then each person could select the attachment to install it.

Seems like you need to look into whatever mechanism it is that schools use to setup/maintain numerous devices.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    04-30-2014 01:47 PM