Battery Drain in Sleep Mode

gerryp123

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Any idea what the battery drain is in "sleep mode", however small, compared to Power-Off?

Also is there added battery drain in "sleep mode" with wifi left ON?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've never tested it formally, but I think my the battery of my N7 (2012) drops by 2-3 points overnight. I don't let wifi stay on during sleep--I would imagine it would contribute to another 2-3% of battery drain overnight, depending on how often the tablet is refreshing data from the web. The battery drain will definitely be less if you power down, but then again, there may be some increased battery use during the power on process, so not sure it's worth the hassle.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
With Wi-Fi on and syncing of email and a few other apps (but no Google Now), I lose about 3 percent overnight.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Any idea what the battery drain is in "sleep mode", however small, compared to Power-Off?

Also is there added battery drain in "sleep mode" with wifi left ON?

If you simply have WiFi on/connected in sleep mode with nothing syncing, it won't drain much more than if its off. However, if things are syncing in the background, then yes there will be slightly more battery drain.

Posted via Android Central App

gerryp123

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
For what its worth ---
I checked the battery drain in "sleep mode" last night. Left wifi on (not sure if it was in "synch mode"). In the 12 hour test interval my battery decreased fro 99% to 98% charge. Surprised the change was so little -- I may never turn my N7 (and WiFi) off again!

My inquiry was prompted by receipt of a new case (Poetic Slimline) for N7(2013). The case contains an instant sleep-wake feature. Very convenient feature, but works reliably only if wifi is enabled ?? (Anyone know what wifi-on has to do with this?). Nice to see that N7 and wifi can hibernate with no appreciable battery discharge.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
For what its worth ---
I checked the battery drain in "sleep mode" last night. Left wifi on (not sure if it was in "synch mode"). In the 12 hour test interval my battery decreased fro 99% to 98% charge. Surprised the change was so little -- I may never turn my N7 (and WiFi) off again!

My inquiry was prompted by receipt of a new case (Poetic Slimline) for N7(2013). The case contains an instant sleep-wake feature. Very convenient feature, but works reliably only if wifi is enabled ?? (Anyone know what wifi-on has to do with this?). Nice to see that N7 and wifi can hibernate with no appreciable battery discharge.

While I have heard that issue with the sleep/wake functions of the cases, I haven't experienced any issue with my moko case since my WiFi is always on. And if that issue were to pertain to you, just keep the WiFi on knowing you get good battery life in deep sleep. Lol

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20