Buy from Google Play or B&M?

Father Tech

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Better to buy the N7 from Google Play or B&M store?

If you buy from Google and you have a problem - all you can do is send it back.

If you buy from B&M and you have a problem - at least there's somebody to talk to. They may not know or care about your problem, but it gives you another avenue. Same price so, why not?

howardv

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
In California, there is a CA electronics disposal fee (recycle) fee of $3.00. So you save that if you order form Google direct. To me, that's not enough for the convenience of walking into a store and buying one instead of waiting 1 week+ to get it in the mail. And if you want to return it, you have to pay shipping back to Google.

So I vote local!

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I bought mine buy mail order from Best Buy because I had left-over dollars on a 7 year old gift card. The package included a return form if I wanted to send it back. They also seem to have a good returns policy. But I like my Nexus 7 and did not send it back. :)

doug

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
The screen broke on my first 2012. I bought it from Google Play, so I was out of luck. My second one I bought from Staples and got their protection plan. Broke that one, too. I took it in to Staples and they immediately replaced it. I bought the 2013 and paid the difference (with the protection plan).

And yes, I am a klutz (although my grandson broke the first one). I'd highly recommend buying from a local, unless you can get a protection plan online.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

BrandonEnr7

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I ended up buying mine from Best Buy because they had the 32GB variant available in store. Plus I have a store credit card with no interest. Made sense for me to buy it there and use my $20 gift certificate before it expired and get it the same day. Didn't feel like waiting for it to ship in a few weeks from either Amazon or Google Play. I know I am impatient but it made sense. Never had any issues with Best Buy either eventhough I know others have. Guess it depends on the quality of the staff at your local store.

Posted via Android Central App

Father Tech

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to all for your advice. It's faster to walk into a store than to wait for delivery, but it might take me a few days to find time to get to a store. So for me, it comes down to who will be easier to deal with if I have to return a defective Nexus. I'm thinking I'll have an easier time if I can show my device to someone while I'm standing right there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781