how do i change default from youtube app to web based youtube?

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
it still doesn't work. i disabled youtube. when i click on links online, they will still open the disabled youtube app. how stupid is that.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
stupid youtube won't let me sign in and won't show me videos.

It should auto sign in with the gmail your playstore is signed into... And further more open your browser type in youtube and look stuff up simple
AND GO TO THE PLAY STORE AND DEKETE THE YOU TUBE APP ITS NOT A SYSTEM APP SO YOU CAN DELETE IT :)
Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
For my Nexus 10 I would do the following

Settings>Apps>Menu>Reset app preferecnes

WARNING: This will reset all disabled apps, disabled app notifications, default applications for actions and background data restrictions for apps.

As the N7 is stock then I would imagine this would do the same.

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
youtube in my app store only has open and "update" two functions. there is no such a thing called "uninstall".

they are forcing everything to use youtube app.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
youtube in my app store only has open and "update" two functions. there is no such a thing called "uninstall".

they are forcing everything to use youtube app.

Are you accessing the store from your tablet via the store app or in a web browser. I also have the option to uninstall when I view via the store app.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Unless your device is rooted, you can't uninstall apps that came pre-installed. YouTube is a system app on the N7 in the way that other device are loaded with carrier bloat and can't be uninstalled via app manager. I'm not sure why your N7 isn't allowing you to log into Youtube. Did you clear the cache? Also try clearing the Playstore cache.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Unless your device is rooted, you can't uninstall apps that came pre-installed. YouTube is a system app on the N7 in the way that other device are loaded with carrier bloat and can't be uninstalled via app manager. I'm not sure why your N7 isn't allowing you to log into Youtube. Did you clear the cache? Also try clearing the Playstore cache.

I am not rooted and it is an option. Just because some apps are preinstalled does not make them system apps.

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
there are several people who have the same problem. they can use gmail, but they can't use google account to sign in youtube any more. it all happened when they were asked if they want to change a better name. once they did that. their youtube is inaccessible.

here is a screen shot. my nexus 7 doesn't have this uninstall function. and even when i uninstall the update in another setting, the software is still there just with an older version.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-19-16-39-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-19-16-39-59.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 30

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
there are several people who have the same problem. they can use gmail, but they can't use google account to sign in youtube any more. it all happened when they were asked if they want to change a better name. once they did that. their youtube is inaccessible.

here is a screen shot. my nexus 7 doesn't have this uninstall function. and even when i uninstall the update in another setting, the software is still there just with an older version.

Ok root then delete they made it a system app or you are rooted and on a rom and the dev made itba system app so use titanium to uninstall it even system apps :) had to use it with my old phone car mode kept coming on then simply redownload it from the play store

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
This is what titanium looks like when you tap on the app

Attachments

• 1379706885779.jpg
    1379706885779.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 15

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
i installed titaninum, then it told me that i don't have the root access. so i searched, it seems that i have to install a few more software/apps in order get it rooted first.

i was hoping for a one click quick solution.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
What part did you miss about unlocking the boot loader? Was i unclear? You gotta go find a root kit instructions will be in the thread on xda

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
anyway, if i uninstall youtube, then which player should i install? i think that apple store has several youtube replacement, i don't think that google store has any good ones?

where can i find a youtube replacement which will set itself as the default player?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34