does nexus 7 update itself?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
there is this R update, mine is still Q version. but i don't seem to find a way to update this nexus 7.

It will eventually have a notification that the update is ready, and you click to approve. Not everyone gets the update at the same time. You can also go into settings to check for an update, but it still won't instantly provide the update unless you go through some steps to "force" it to find the update. Unless you're having issues you hope the update resolves, I'd suggest just being patient. If you are having issues, there are some threads around with the instructions, or someone may chime in with the details on forcing the update. Most likely you'll get it within the next couple days anyway.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
It is being rolled out over time, not to all devices at once. When yours gets it, you'll get a notification.

My personal decision is that even though it's already downloaded to my device, I am not installing it until some time has transpired to see if it creates any new problems for other users. This is because I am not having any substantial problems now other than occasional sticky keys. Those who are already having serious problems will most likely install it to see if it helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2