Google or best buy

JimelJ

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Any major difference between buying directly from google or going through a retailer like Best buy or Staples, stuff about warranty and such? looking into buying today and don't feel like waiting for it to arrive if I can just walk down the street and pick it up.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Two or three advantages to buying from a store:

1. Convenience: You have a physical location to try to negotiate any potential issues regarding returns, exchanges, etc.
2. Value: Better insurance and device protection plans are available
3. Security: Less risk of damage, product loss, theft, etc during shipping (because shipping doesn't exist other than warehouse to store)

Vaas

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I thought about the same thing when I bought mine a couple of weeks ago. I bought it from Wal-Mart.

BestBuy - 2yr extended warranty $130
Staples - 2yrs extended warranty $99
Wal-Mart - 2yrs extended warranty $28

I checked it, it does cover accidents, spills and about everything else.

gl

BrandonEnr7

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I thought about the same thing when I bought mine a couple of weeks ago. I bought it from Wal-Mart.

BestBuy - 2yr extended warranty $130
Staples - 2yrs extended warranty $99
Wal-Mart - 2yrs extended warranty $28

I checked it, it does cover accidents, spills and about everything else.

gl

Interesting, I didn't know Walmart offerer a warranty service that cheap. Definitely need to research in to that a bit more. However expect for the Nexus 7, I doubt they carry an high level computer or laptops. I bought mine from Best Buy as I have a $20 gift certificate that was about to expire.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781