Nexus 7 (2013): No Chromecast option on Google Play Music

Xterror

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't have the chromecast icon on my Google play music app, but I don't have it on my phone and nexus 7(2012). I tried uninstalling it and didn't work. I have the chromecast option in YouTube app though. Any idea what it could be?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited by a moderator:

Xterror

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: No chromecast option on Google play music, nexus7(2013)

Yea, I have the latest version. it use to work, if I remember correctly, but now the icon doesn't show up.

Xterror

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site

I was able to get it back by clearing data and cache and disabling then enabled again and the icon came back

mrfatbat

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

Did anyone find another way around this? Ive got loads cached on my play music app!

Cheers, MFB

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Did anyone find another way around this? Ive got loads cached on my play music app!

Cheers, MFB

So? It'll re-cache. It's not clearing your pinned music, your library, etc. It's just clearing temp files.

Also, make extra sure that your device sees the Chromecast. Even if you've connected it before, open the Chromecast app to make sure it's connected, because the button won't show up when it's not connected.

Pedro Seixas

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi!

Xterror you cleared the cache of play music or chromecast? I tried to clear google play music cache, but doesn't work for me. No chromecast button on google play music!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey