Nexus 7 problems

yuvalnyk

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
hey, I plan to buy a nexus 7 in the next few days. I heard the nexus is a great device but I looked at the reviews in amazon and I saw the most of it is bad.
They tell on alot of bugs and problems, there is anything that I should know before i buy it? it's not a great device after all?
Can you guys tell me if you also having a problems with the nexus?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I had 2 Nexus 7s. One in August and One this month. Neither one of them had any problems. I didn't keep them because I wanted something larger but there were no problems with either unit. It's a good tablet.

from my Sony XTZ

gerryp123

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Great tablet, but unexpectedly crashes and reboots every couple of weeks. Tolerable, but an annoyance. Waiting to see if KitKat (or a factory reset) fixes this.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Got mine July 26th and am on it about 8 hours every day. Mine is totally problem free.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) via the Android Central App.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I had GPS issues early on, but they fixed that in an update. Flawless and excellent device now. Keep in mind when reading reviews that people are FAR more likely to leave a review if they have a problem than if their device works as expected, so problems appear inflated. I don't think most people are having issues, they're just enjoying their devices and not leaving reviews.

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I've had horrible touchscreen issues since the update that supposedly fixed touchscreen issues on two serperate Nexus 7's even the newest update didn't help at all hoping they fix this or mine will be going to Craigslist.

Nexus 4

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I've had horrible touchscreen issues since the update that supposedly fixed touchscreen issues on two serperate Nexus 7's even the newest update didn't help at all hoping they fix this or mine will be going to Craigslist.

Nexus 4

Have you done factory reset since the updates? My GPS issues weren't initially fixed by the update that addressed the GPS issues, but a factory reset took care of it, and it's been perfect since.

kay44je

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nexus 7 microphone

I bought the Nexus 7 second generation from Amazon 2 weeks ago and unless you shout at the device the microphone doesn't pick up!! please can you help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I bought the Nexus 7 second generation from Amazon 2 weeks ago and unless you shout at the device the microphone doesn't pick up!! please can you help?

Welcome to Android Central! Are you talking about any time you speak into the mic, or only specific situations, like saying, "OK Google"?

Posted via Android Central App

kay44je

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site

when I speak in to the google seach engine, it doesn't work, skype no-one can hear me and I installed a voice recording app, it worked but my voice was so quiet i could hardly hear it..Please help ???

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Probably a hardware defect withbthe mic itself, good thing is if you bought it from amazon just send it back for a replacement. Amazon is great with returns.They even pay shipping, you just print out the label to tape on the box, and can even schedule a ups pick up at your house right from then website.

kay44je

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
thank you brosko, I have requested return and posted back as in Jersey they don't have a collection facility (they will refund the postage too) Another is dispatching now, excellent service from Amazon. I just hope the replacement doesn't have the same defect :(
Thanks once again :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, jrisch I have done !! :)

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I've had my nexus 7 (2012) edition since around the time they came out and had no problems whatsoever , I've rooted it and flashed different ROMs had it stuck in bootloops a few times through messing with the os and its still going strong...

sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..

jrisch

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Consider yourself a very lucky man!

Obviously, on a forum like this you're bound to get a disproportionate number of messages from people who have had problems. My N7 2013 is working beautifully and none of my friends with N7s, 5 of them, have complaints.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech