Anyone planning on getting the Nexus 5 ?

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I sold my GS3 and have been holding off on a G2 or other possible phone purchase in anticipation of the N5, or at least an official announcement. At this point, I'm going out on a limb and assuming many of the leaked specs will be actual and almost certainly will pull the trigger on this phone when available. Anyone else excited about this device pairing nicely with their New Nexus 7 ? :D

I like my N4, but I'm really looking forward to getting back to LTE (AT&T doesn't support band 4 in my area, or I would have tried the LTE-hack long ago).

The Me

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Why would it not come? There are leaked pictures and FCC documents that show a LG made Nexus phone.

Posted via Android Central App

I even heard that in the podcasts.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't get me wrong, I want it to come, I'm just saying what I know.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
What I have have read says the Nexus 5 will be based on the LG2. Here is a one youtube video that sums up the rumors. LG G2 Review! - YouTube

I would not be surprised to the see the buttons move, the look change to be more black slab, and of course completely stock 4.4 kitkat instead of the LG skins.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I even heard that in the podcasts.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't get me wrong, I want it to come, I'm just saying what I know.

No one "knows" anything. You're just saying what you've heard.

Now to answer the OP, most definitely probably going to be getting it when/if it comes out.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
It won't be on Verizon so a lot of people won't have the option. I got the wife an N4 while on sale and a new N7 so I'll get plenty of stock Android. I just got a G2 and got to keep my unlimited and have no regrets on missing out on N5.

My Galaxy Nexus has served me well but the G2 is an amazing phone. With the verizon promo code I spent $169 where I was expecting to pay $600 in a year from now.

valmorel

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Tough when the N4 is so good. I upgraded N7 from 2012 to 2013 and am disappointed. Maybe N5 would be the same

horseflesh

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to get one but I am trapped with my current phone. It's not a good phone, but the plan is dirt cheap and they let me get away with tethering my N7.

Chingyul

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to get one but I am trapped with my current phone. It's not a good phone, but the plan is dirt cheap and they let me get away with tethering my N7.
Buy it unlocked then. The Nexus 5 should be priced aggressively. Maybe not as cheap as the 4 was, but still affordable. Just swap the sim and your carrier is none the wiser.

horseflesh

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Virgin Mobile. No SIM cards, no foreign phones allowed... but I am grandfathered in at $25. Hard to leave. T-mo prepaid may only be $30/mo but they aggressively shut down tethering unless you buy the add-on--or so I hear.

BrandonEnr7

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Although I am excited for the Nexus 5. I am slightly more intrigued by the Galaxy S4 Play Store Edition. I look forward to maybe getting a future release a Play Store Edition phone when a new set of flagship phones come out. The only thing holding me back is the cost of these developer phones.

The Nexus 5 sounds great, don't get me wrong but these two play edition phones look great if only cheaper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech