Does anyone have issues with auto wake up / sleep feature with case?

heeemz

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have issues with auto wake up / sleep feature with case? It seems to be quite inconsistent for me. I don?t see any specific pattern as well, sometime while I close of open the case lid, it works and sometime not. I have been told by supplier that this is an issue with Google device and firmware update is needed from Google.

Unfortunately we don?t have Moko or Poetic in India as yet --- generally Google products accessories are very late to arrive here.

Here the case I have ---

Luxury Retro High Quality Flip Case Cover Google Asus Nexus 7 II FHD 2013 Tablet | eBay

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
It's a known issue. When the WiFi is turned off--whether manually or automatically--the auto wake doesn't engage.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

heeemz

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
It's a known issue. When the WiFi is turned off--whether manually or automatically--the auto wake doesn't engage.

Wi-Fi is always set to ON in my device but I still do face this issue. It is intermittent, 5 out of 10 times it would fail.

gerryp123

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
With wifi "on" good predictable performance for me.
With wifi"off" performance is erratic, as you describe.
Try to duplicate case action using a small magnet. Perhaps your case has magnet in wrong place (Poetic case has magnet along entire long-sides (both).

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I have the Moko case and the magnet wake/sleep is intermittent at best.

I used a regular magnet thinking my case was defective and I got roughly the same results and figured it must be the device.

I will wait it out a little and RMA the device to correct a few issues after the initial run is depleted.

Dan

Posted via Android Central App

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Works perfectly with my Poetic case. Failure rate might be 1 out of 20? Maybe less. It can be finicky, so a case with a magnet just a little out of the sweet spot can give inconsistent results.

veeru27

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Bought the same case from the same supplier. The issue persists, sometimes even closing the case does not engage auto sleep, unless I run the fingers along the edges. Looks like google is our only hope.

Does anyone have issues with auto wake up / sleep feature with case? It seems to be quite inconsistent for me. I don’t see any specific pattern as well, sometime while I close of open the case lid, it works and sometime not. I have been told by supplier that this is an issue with Google device and firmware update is needed from Google.

Unfortunately we don’t have Moko or Poetic in India as yet --- generally Google products accessories are very late to arrive here.

Here the case I have ---

Luxury Retro High Quality Flip Case Cover Google Asus Nexus 7 II FHD 2013 Tablet | eBay

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There's a Google Groups thread for this issue, and some official sounding people are involved, so hopefully they'll have a fix soon. For me, if Wi-Fi is on, it wakes properly. If Wi-Fi is off, it still wakes, but may take 20-30 seconds.

ajneuman

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue when using the Poetic slimline case. I stopped using the case and I no longer have any issues. Its too bad because I really liked the case!

Lestah_613

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah i bought the moko case off amazon and at first it worked flawlessly; then, a day later it works when it wants to but it doesn't phase me--i paid ten bucks for the case...i expected this. The case does what I needed to do so I'm not concerned. It's not like it's going to kill you guys to hit that power button lol

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I had this issue too when I was not connected to wifi. I resolved it by turning bluetooth on which weirdly resolved it even when not connected.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

heeemz

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have issues with auto wake up / sleep feature with case? It seems to be quite inconsistent for me. I don?t see any specific pattern as well, sometime while I close of open the case lid, it works and sometime not. I have been told by supplier that this is an issue with Google device and firmware update is needed from Google.

Unfortunately we don?t have Moko or Poetic in India as yet --- generally Google products accessories are very late to arrive here.

Here the case I have ---

Yippee, these issues have gone after kitkat update. Last couple of days testing shows that auto wake up/sleep works quite well now.

heeemz

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Yippee, these issues have gone after kitkat update. Last couple of days testing shows that auto wake up/sleep works quite well now.

Bad news again.... Not sure what happened but after initial few days it become worst then it was earlier. Prior to kitkat, it use to be intermittent for auto sleep/auto wakeup. Now it does not go to sleep at all, if I close the case...😦... Any one seeing this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463