Very Poor Battery Life versus 2012 N7

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone experiencing battery drain even when the tablet is not in use ?

Never had that problem with the old N7 (which unfortunately I have given to a family member).

I bought the new N7 used on Craigslist .

I charged it Wednesday, didn't use it Thursday or Friday at all and its completely dead.

I did find when I used it just for email and surfing it went from 100 to 75 percent battery in less than an hour.

Any suggestion ?

Should I contact Google about it ?

Thanks

:confused:

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Go to your battery stats and see what is using so much battery. Also, since you bought it used, go ahead and do a factory restore if you haven't already.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

going_home

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Go to your battery stats and see what is using so much battery. Also, since you bought it used, go ahead and do a factory restore if you haven't already.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Did the reset already.

Battery stats show biggest culprit is Android OS at 77 percent.

That makes me think somethings wrong with the tablet.

Conversely my GS4 shows 2 percent for the Android OS.

:confused:

going_home

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Well I charged it fully while the device was powered off and the battery issue seems to have fixed itself.

Android OS is at 28 percent of battery use, so thats improved too now, although that still seems high.

:cool:

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Well I charged it fully while the device was powered off and the battery issue seems to have fixed itself.

Android OS is at 28 percent of battery use, so thats improved too now, although that still seems high.

:cool:

How much battery % had you actually used when android os had used 28%? If you had 98% left when you checked, that's 28% of 2% and depending on what you might have used that 2% for (possibly nothing, except sleep), 28% isn't necessarily unusual. Now, if your nexus is showing an hour of screen time, and lots of use for other apps that you were actively using, 28% could be abnormal. If I check battery right after removing from charging, android os and Android system always show a higher % because they are basically the only things using battery until I actually use the nexus to do stuff.

Posted via Android Central App

going_home

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I could go 3 days with moderate use on my 2012 N7.

I have to charge the 2013 N7 every day.

I find that pathetic.

I have let it die, charged it fully while off, numerous times, and that doesnt seem to help much.

Anyone else getting poor batery life from their 2013 model ?

:(

DriveEuro

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Install BetterBatteryStats and GSAM. They do a much better job at showing you the actual wakelocks that are keeping your phone from sleeping.