Is there a way to close apps other than the tedious method of going to task manager and long pressing the window of the app, and then app info then force stop, then swipe it off from the task manager?

Is there an easy way to close apps like in in many desktop OSs ?

I tried several task managers and none of them seem to work - apps are still being shown in the built in task manager with the force stop option still available.

I really don't want to have 10 inactive apps sitting there sucking ram, when i don't use them. If i want i will reopen them again, I don't need the system to remember them for me.

Why is there no such thing as close application/exit?
    09-28-2013 12:32 PM
    09-28-2013 12:39 PM
    ok, i read the article, and according to this 3 years old article - its better to have your ram full with multiple unused apps consuming memory in the background than to use cpu power to relaunch an app everytime you want to.
    09-28-2013 01:56 PM
    ok, i read the article, and according to this 3 years old article - its better to have your ram full with multiple unused apps consuming memory in the background than to use cpu power to relaunch an app everytime you want to.
    unused RAM is wasted RAM. you will not see a performance boost by freeing up extra RAM.
    09-28-2013 02:32 PM
    Swiping apps away in the recent apps will kill them. But like stated above, it really doesn't do much. Say you kill off Facebook cause it may be using your battery. The only thing that would be using the battery for Facebook is its syncing. And that'll happen even after you kill it off. Android does a good job at managing its ram. Unless you have a malignant app that's eating your battery.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-28-2013 05:06 PM
    For the most part, just swipe them away, but for more info, here's a good article.

'Closing' Android apps by swiping them away
    roflwaffleton and Laineyc like this.
    09-28-2013 09:34 PM