US Nexus 7 charger supports 220v?

TestType

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Europe but a relative of mine is going on holiday in the states will be picking up an N7 for me.
Can anyone please check/confirm for me if the included charger supports 220v voltage or only 110v?
If not I may have to reconsider.

Thank you!

heeemz

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm in Europe but a relative of mine is going on holiday in the states will be picking up an N7 for me.
Can anyone please check/confirm for me if the included charger supports 220v voltage or only 110v?

Thank you!

It supports both, 110 and 220. You will need converter plug as default one comes with US style pin.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

Thank you!

Delete

Posted via Android Central App

roguetrader

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
The charger is not an issue - any micro-usb charger for mobile phones will work fine, in fact due to the environmental damage all these phone chargers cause when destroyed, quite a few manufactures will start shipping phones without chargers in future. I've got at least half a dozen laying around.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using AC Forums mobile app

asus_usa

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Confirmed.

Thank you!

TestType

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone! Much appreciated.

The charger is not an issue - any micro-usb charger for mobile phones will work fine, in fact due to the environmental damage all these phone chargers cause when destroyed, quite a few manufactures will start shipping phones without chargers in future. I've got at least half a dozen laying around.
For you maybe, but for me the charger is an issue. I have never owned a usb charged phone, and the only USB charger I have is a kindle charger that would probably take days to charge a tablet and wear out the charger. Just any usb charger is not fine, despite what you may think, they are not identical. The difference in current output is a huge factor.

Edit: Just did some digging around and fout out that the Nexus 7 (2013) charger is only 1350 ma, versus 2000 ma on the 2012 model. If you have the 2012 charger around it might charge faster than the new one, depending on the maximum current the tablet can draw.

Source:https://support.google.com/nexus/7/answer/3257354?hl=en&ref_topic=3042498

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc