My Nexus 7 battery charges very slowly...is it the screen?

Donnaberry

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I tried to post this earlier but can't find it now so apologies if this is a double post.
My Nexus 7 is fairly new..from May...and just in the past month I found that I could not use it unless it was plugged i constantly.

I have tried all the tricks, changing chargers, trying different outlets, deleting apps, etc etc...even undoing my screen scaver. Now I realize that the battery gauge says my screen is on all the time...even though I do turn it off the conventional way..

Question: Is there a different way to turn the tablet off that could help? I have been trying to charge my tablet for over 3 days and it's still only less than 40% charged.

Thanks much for any help or suggestions..

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I tried to post this earlier but can't find it now so apologies if this is a double post.
My Nexus 7 is fairly new..from May...and just in the past month I found that I could not use it unless it was plugged i constantly.

I have tried all the tricks, changing chargers, trying different outlets, deleting apps, etc etc...even undoing my screen scaver. Now I realize that the battery gauge says my screen is on all the time...even though I do turn it off the conventional way..

Question: Is there a different way to turn the tablet off that could help? I have been trying to charge my tablet for over 3 days and it's still only less than 40% charged.

Thanks much for any help or suggestions..

I have never used this.... but download this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ijinshan.kbatterydoctor_en&hl=en
and see if it can help. Sounds like it isnt going into a deep sleep. Might be defective, or it might be an application running, check your batter stats
good luck

Donnaberry

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply! I actually downloaded this app when I first was having problems but it wasn't helping and I actually wondered if it was causing me more battery problems so I deleted the app. I charge the Nexus 7 for 24 hours at a time and the battery never charges more than about 5% a day...in the past few weeks it's been as high as 40% but now is at about 8% after charging overnight...the battery goes down noticeably by a percent every few minutes while I'm looking at the tablet trying to see what the problem is.

I have tried prying back open to check battery but even using an eyeglass screwdriver can't get it open...and it does charge a little, only extremely slowly...such a little trickle that I have not been able to use it at all and have not turned on Wifi or Bluetooth or any apps for over a week. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks much for any ideas...

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
My Nexus 7 is fairly new..from May...
This is the Nexus 7 2013 edition forum. There is a separate forum for last year's Nexus 7.

In any event, was this new when you bought it or just new to you? If new you may still be covered under warranty. I would try and have it serviced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair