Shouldn't there be a Nexus 8?

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
What stuttering and lag on the Nexus 7 are you referring to? I've had mine since launch and haven't had any issues like that or any other issues.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

I got the reviews mixed up! My mistake! It was the 2012 Nexus 7 not the new Nexux 7. Thanks for your help!

78racing

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I bought a nexus7(2013) I returned because the stutter and lag was annoying as hell. Sometimes you would have to literally punch a key two or three times before it would register, other times it would double up the letter.
I was going to try and live through those issues and see if kit kat fixed them, then it started to do random shut downs on me, it was still in the return window so it is gone.
I am now back on my ipad2 which I am trying to replace with a nexus device, really liked the size of the n7, May have to just purchase the n10.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I bought a nexus7(2013) I returned because the stutter and lag was annoying as hell. Sometimes you would have to literally punch a key two or three times before it would register, other times it would double up the letter.
I was going to try and live through those issues and see if kit kat fixed them, then it started to do random shut downs on me, it was still in the return window so it is gone.
I am now back on my ipad2 which I am trying to replace with a nexus device, really liked the size of the n7, May have to just purchase the n10.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I had the same issue with my first N7-2013. I felt as if I would have to put my fingers thru the screen to get it to register my input. I took off the Zagg screen protector, which helped a little. I ended up exchanging it for a Note 8, which was much more responsive. I sold it and got another N7, which didn't have the input issue, but I got spoiled by the Note 8's extra landscape. That extra inch made a world of difference to me. The G Pad gives me almost the best of both worlds...responsiveness, big screen, yet manageble and minimal bloatware. I do wish this had wireless charging like the Nexus though. I am holding off rooting since a LTE version of something is on the way. I just know that I won't be getting another Nexus 10...too awkward for my mobility needs, plus daily reboots.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk 4

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Well you might be waiting a long while, no N7 refresh for a long while and the N8 is a rumor at best currently. Most likely situation we see a N8 replace the current N7 sometime in the spring.

I would love to be wrong however.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I hope you are wrong! The 7-inch form factor is perfect for me, and I would not want the next mid-size Nexus tablet to be bigger.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Well you might be waiting a long while, no N7 refresh for a long while and the N8 is a rumor at best currently. Most likely situation we see a N8 replace the current N7 sometime in the spring.

I would love to be wrong however.

Why Spring? The last 2 came out in July. I consider it extremely unlikely that the Nexus 7 will be replaced any time before that.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Why Spring? The last 2 came out in July. I consider it extremely unlikely that the Nexus 7 will be replaced any time before that.

Because, if we're going to spread wishful thinking about something with no evidence, we might as well do it for a launch timeframe too. ;)

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

Exactly what YAY said...I pulled the spring date directly out of my rear :)

The fact is no one has a clue. A N8 could be released tomorrow of never.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante