wi-fi authentication problem

hals99

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
My wi-fi at home simply stopped working ! Tablet senses router output as excellent. Sometimes it says 'Authentication problem' sometimes says 'saved WPA2'
Is asking for password but I not sure what it is. altough I typed a few 'guesses'. Is password related to the router (Netgear 600) or
one that I created when initalizing the tablet ? Is it possible to find the password on my tablet ?

Are there any workarounds ?
HELP !!!!!!

Hal Schneider

pete1118

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
The password being asked for is the WPA password set in the router, you would have had to supply this the first time you connected to the network the router provides. You might try cycling the power on the router and rebooting your tablet.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

hals99

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Recycling didn't work .

I tried to put in the router password on the screen asking for it. However, the 'CONNECT' tab does not lite up ..so it doesn't 'take it' ! Is there some built-in security that limits the number of password tries allowed. Is so, what do I do ?????

Maybe, it cheks the inputted password before it allows the 'Connect' tab to lite up ?????

It is possible to delete the particular network and/or create a second network name (ignore the problem one) ?

Last edited:

pete1118

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
You said you used the router password, I hope you meant the network password previously set in the router. If you do not know that password you need to log into the router from your PC and check or change the network password.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX